Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought some secondhand '08 race fairings from profibre.co.uk

hopefully they should fit just fine on my '10 bike..the abs module on the left may be exposed a bit, but whatever! the tank and tail unit have been painted, but the upper, middle and lower fairings havent and are still covered in primer, albeit a bit dirty. any recommendations on an easy DIY paint scheme? which might not involve painting too much on the tank and tail unit perhaps? i was thinking the sam lowes cbr600rr scheme might not be a bad idea. didnt want to go with a sticker kit and a prof paint job is over £1000!

any recommendations? pictures would be helpful!

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I am rattle canning mine right now. I have just been looking on google at Honda race bikes and getting ideas from that. I do like the 2 bikes you posted and havent really seen anything like them.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
heres mine:

mines an 06 but im sure you could get it to work and it cost me i think all of about $15

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am rattle canning mine right now. I have just been looking on google at Honda race bikes and getting ideas from that. I do like the 2 bikes you posted and havent really seen anything like them.
have a look at the world superbikes supersport team colors..some of them are pretty schweet! google is pretty useless when it comes to finding race fairing paint schemes

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
have a look at the world superbikes supersport team colors..some of them are pretty schweet! google is pretty useless when it comes to finding race fairing paint schemes
That it is, and there are some bad ass bikes in the wss.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Dang that looks really good.....What did you use for the lacquer? When I put my clear coat on (I think it was 4 coats) it turned out like crap. I may sand it all off and start again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang that looks really good.....What did you use for the lacquer? When I put my clear coat on (I think it was 4 coats) it turned out like crap. I may sand it all off and start again.
I got the generic stuff they sell at one of the hardware stores here, says to wait two weeks for the lacquer to dry! I've got 5 days! Fingers crossed it'll hold!

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
That looks awesome man, good job.

When I put my clear coat on (I think it was 4 coats) it turned out like crap. I may sand it all off and start again.
Thats why I didnt clear my track fairings.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow both of those are looking great, nice work with the rattle can! The script came out looking really nice too... did you do that with a stencil as well?
lol i wish i had such skills! the numbers and the lettering is a sticker i had printed! was knackered after doing the orange chequered flag and was in a bit of a hurry tbh :cruising:

·
Registered
40 Posts
knackered... hahah... your definately not from the US (Are you London maybe?) I haven't heard that saying in forever. Anyhow, printed or rattle canned it looks good! Congrats, most peoples street bikes don't look that nice appears your track bike is one upping some peoples daily rides, must be nice!

-Brandon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.