Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there's another thread for the 07-08 keyless ignition but here's my version.

Tools/equipment required:
-Torx bit size T40
-wire cutters
-14 gauge wires
-soldering iron/ solder
-heat shrink
-electrical tape
-3x female connectors http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Dorman-Conduct-Tite-1-4-in-16-14-gauge-blue-female-insulated-disconnect-terminal-for-interior-connection/_/N-25oe?counter=63&filterByKeyWord=electrical+connectors&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=325947_0_0_
-toggle switch (you can buy either the 2 or 3 prong switch) http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_374_118&products_id=1823

Step 1: remove: triple tree, left mids, left ram air duct cover.
Step 2: disconnect this and cut it so there's at least 4 inches of wire remaining on the male connector. i will be referring to this connector as the male connector throughout this thread.

step 3: use the T40 torx bit and remove the ignition from the triple tree. if you want to remove that plastic piece that says "lock,off,on", the you'll need a phillips screw driver.

Step 4: connect 2 of the red 14gauge wire to 2 female connectors and one black wire to a female connector. put heat shrink over it.

step 5: connect the red wire to power. connect the other red wire to acc. connect the black wire to ground

step 6: twist the 2 red wires from the toggle switch together (so power and acc should be twisted together). take another 14gauge wire and twist and solder it to the 2 red wires that were twisted together. put heat shrink on to the wires before you solder them together and then cover the soldered area with heat shrink. then wrap the heat shrink with electrical tape.

step 7: now with that red 14 gauge wire you just soldered, take the other end and twist and solder it to the red wire from the male connector. put heat shrink over the soldered area and electrical tape over the heat shrink

step 8:now with the black wire. take the black wire from the toggle switch and push and twist and solder it to the red/black wire from the male connector. again, make sure you put heat shrink onto the wire before you solder it. cover the soldered area with heat shrink. wrap the heat shrink with electrical tape this is what you should have now.

Step 9: now connect it!!! and use some kind of sticky stuff to glue the toggle switch to the triple tree. i still don't have it glued down yet because i dont know what to use. any ideas?

about those stickers... i'm a loser. i use to work on the weapons systems for F/A-18D and i was just recreating it. haha. if any of this is confusing to you guys, let me know so i can change it around.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, i dont have one. when i do get one, i'm planning on getting a hyperpro. i dont think it would get in the way though.

all i need now is my fairings back from serg's brother and it's all complete! i'll post up when it's installed. you making it out to vegas next month?!

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
nah, i dont have one. when i do get one, i'm planning on getting a hyperpro. i dont think it would get in the way though.

all i need now is my fairings back from serg's brother and it's all complete! i'll post up when it's installed. you making it out to vegas next month?!
Bahahahaha, he has your track skins too! Well I guess we are both on the patiently waiting list, lol. Yeah, if Serg's bro gets down I'll have my bike in Vegas too bro. Got a new battery, rear GP brake, fairing stay and freshg paint to rock:shakehand

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
do you have facebook? PM me ur email.
We keep on hassling him but he just likes living in the dark ages...

As far as that switch is concerned, get yourself a piece of steel, cut it to match the shape of the triples where the ignition barrel was, paint it black and use a couple of small black bolts to hold it in place, then drill a hole through its centre and put the switch in there...

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Is there any way to wire in something like a safety? Another switch hidden that you have to hit to start the bike? I want to do this to my track bike but I dont want to make the bike easier for thieves to get.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
^^ thats kinda what I was thinking... id do this, but then it makes it easier to jack..

switch to a switch maybe..? thats a lot more wiring tho

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Is there any way to wire in something like a safety? Another switch hidden that you have to hit to start the bike? I want to do this to my track bike but I dont want to make the bike easier for thieves to get.
Have a look at the RFID how to.... mount the sensor under the seat....

·
Registered
554 Posts
I know its a little old but you could always have another more hidden switch that you could put inline with you kickstand switch or fuel pump :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I know its a little old but you could always have another more hidden switch that you could put inline with you kickstand switch or fuel pump :dontknow:

bingo!!!

easiest way IMO is to use the kickstand. its a 2 wire switch. then put the toggle somewhere out of sight. but accessible. take 5 minutes to wire that one up. 7min if you solder and dont just crimp connect LoL

·
Registered
531 Posts
bingo!!!

easiest way IMO is to use the kickstand. its a 2 wire switch. then put the toggle somewhere out of sight. but accessible. take 5 minutes to wire that one up. 7min if you solder and dont just crimp connect LoL
Only thing about the kickstand switch would be that you couldn't leave your bike running without being on it!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well with the kickstand switch you(or anyone else) could start it in neutral and let it idle but once you go to flip it in gear it would die unless you had that switch engaged.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts