Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Depends on exactly which switch you have as to the position of the connectors but pin 1 usually goes to the load, pin 2 goes to earth and pin 3 to the power source.

First post shows the wiring for an illuminated switch.
Right, but the first post didn't need the zener diode. Won't I essentially be making two wires one when I add the diode in line? Where will the power source come from at that point? I'd like to keep it all in the ignition's harness, but if I have to, I can run another wire from a constant for the led.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Right, but the first post didn't need the zener diode. Won't I essentially be making two wires one when I add the diode in line? Where will the power source come from at that point? I'd like to keep it all in the ignition's harness, but if I have to, I can run another wire from a constant for the led.
This:

Get a 3V zener diode and wire the anode to the pink wire and the cathode to the red/black wire. The cathode is the end that the band around the diode is closest to.
Then with an illuminated switch all that matters is that you get the supply and load sides correct and then put ground on the extra terminal. It's otherwise exactly the same as the OP did.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,sorry to bump this thread,but I need your help.

I want to do this mod to my 2005 race bike,and it has a 3 wire ignition,with red/black,red/blue and plain red wires comming from the ignition.
Can I completely remove the HISS system and just fit a toggle switch in place of the ignition barrel?

Can you help me here please,as I dont know what to do,as its a bit confusing.but Im prepared to give it a go.

Attachments

41 - 43 of 43 Posts