Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
nice set-up i think i'll be replacing my current fender elminator this weekend. I'll give your set-up a go, question though, is there any kind of heat wrap available to surround the clamp?
Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Nice! I like it. It's sure looks a lot better.
Thanks. I was going for simple and cheap :01_thumbu

pretty sweet lookin mount. I've been trying to figure out how to do something just like this. Currently I have my plate bolted to a speaker stand that's bolted to a random hole in the tail of my bike. it's... :'(

have you tested this out? does your plate flap aorund in the wind when you get up to speed?
I don't think it flaps. I ended up securing the plate permanently with two bolts with two nuts on each bolt. I put a lot of thread locker on the bolts then screwing half way on, then dumping a whole lot more in front of the bolt (closer to the plate) then screwed it on the rest of the way. I doused the rest of the bolt with the thread locker again and I put on the second nut. They're both held tight up by the plate. If I had to do it again, I'd put JB Weld on the bolt before and after screwing the nuts on and hope I never need to take the plate off :icon_lol:

throw some LED around it. wrap the hose clam with loom or something like that. cool for on $3
Yeah, I want to hook up a couple LEDs to light the plate.. we'll have to see though, I want to tap into the turn signal LEDs but I don't know how to go about that.. much to think about.

nice set-up i think i'll be replacing my current fender elminator this weekend. I'll give your set-up a go, question though, is there any kind of heat wrap available to surround the clamp?
Thanks
I think so, they make heat wrap to wrap around the pipes of your exhaust so it doesn't melt anything, I think it'd be easy to put some of that between the hose clamp and the can so it doesn't get scratched up. For my stock can, I don't care, but an aftermarket muffler should be taken better care of. Try asking around, heat wrap is available, but I don't know where to get it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
ya I'll try to find some cause I have the Two Bros exhaust

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ya I'll try to find some cause I have the Two Bros exhaust
Yeah, here's the stuff I was talking about:

I figure you could cut a sliver of it just as wide as the hose clamp and it should protect your exhaust from scratches.

·
Registered
159 Posts
nice I just did mine and use the stock bracket and taking out the plates holder and bought some L shape brackets to mount the plates.. now looks like a targa fender eliminator.. targa FE cost about 100+ this cost me $1.45..well plus some aftermarket turn signals.. so $13bucks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good idea, but Id be concerned with it hitting the tire where it is also. My tag bracket is tucked way down under the exhaust, as far back behind the tire as it will go. In fact, its so far back my guy is wondering how long it will take the police to stop me for the tag not being "visible". Id like to relocate it, any other place you guys use besides it hanging off the exhaust?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sweet. I was trying to figure out what piece I should get at Home Depot to connect my plate to the straps. I just hope I can bend the clamps uniformly like yours without the tools you have... Along with a heat wrap though. I made the mistake of buying pieces to attach it further in the pipe and didn't factor in the clearance.. >_>

Good idea, but Id be concerned with it hitting the tire where it is also. My tag bracket is tucked way down under the exhaust, as far back behind the tire as it will go. In fact, its so far back my guy is wondering how long it will take the police to stop me for the tag not being "visible". Id like to relocate it, any other place you guys use besides it hanging off the exhaust?
I'm nervous about clearance as well and have my plate far inside at an angle as well. But I know it's illegal in Florida and they ticket you over $1,000 for improper license installation.... fml

·
Registered
156 Posts
looks really good. i'm going to have to do something like this for mine this week. thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
407 Posts
haha sweet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So did anyone have any problems with this setup hitting their tire or the clearance? Im interested in doing this but i am afraid of that and it scratching up my new jardine carbon fiber exhaust.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I saw the picture of the hammer and was like, this is going to be awesome. Nice mod. This will work for the pesky fix it tickets

·
Registered
811 Posts
nice I just did mine and use the stock bracket and taking out the plates holder and bought some L shape brackets to mount the plates.. now looks like a targa fender eliminator.. targa FE cost about 100+ this cost me $1.45..well plus some aftermarket turn signals.. so $13bucks
Pics? I was also thinking of using the stock bracket for a new FE.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So did anyone have any problems with this setup hitting their tire or the clearance? Im interested in doing this but i am afraid of that and it scratching up my new jardine carbon fiber exhaust.
Yep, I did. I did this mod yesterday and I'm extremely happy with it. I just covered both sides of the bracket with electrical tape so it wouldn't scratch the exhaust. My plate is a little roughed up now, just had to reposition after a test ride haha :cruising:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Solid work!! Nice addition for the economy price! Ha

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yep, I did. I did this mod yesterday and I'm extremely happy with it. I just covered both sides of the bracket with electrical tape so it wouldn't scratch the exhaust. My plate is a little roughed up now, just had to reposition after a test ride haha :cruising:
How's the electrical tape? any melting or problems since it's on the exhaust? How's it holding up?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts