Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the weight is silver so i thought it would stick out too much plus I was SUPER worried putting it back on might scratch or start to remove the plasti-dip. Hopefully I can keep the wheels white for a year or so. My roomate has had it on his car for a few years now and just touches it up every year or so.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I would have popped off the weight and put it back on afterwards. How long do you plan on keeping them white with the plasti-dip?
is there any reason why you would want the weights off? And if they are taken off do you need to get the wheel adjusted again after putting the weights back on?

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
idk if someone has posted this but you dont have to tape off the wheel, it peels off rubber perfect and stays on the rim. i did it to my car

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
idk if someone has posted this but you dont have to tape off the wheel, it peels off rubber perfect and stays on the rim. i did it to my car
This is very true. There is no need to use tape or even the index cards like I did. It just makes clean-up a LOT quicker and easier. It took less than a minute to put the cards in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
is there any reason why you would want the weights off? And if they are taken off do you need to get the wheel adjusted again after putting the weights back on?
Maybe the reason for removing the weights is so there is plasti-dip under them. If you get new tires or a re-alignment the weight distribution will be different so there will be a dead spot of paint where the weight was. I still have a lot of life left on my tires and will probably fork out the money for a powder-coat when the time comes. This was all a test to see how I liked the color and soon a test to see how hard it is to keep clean.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Looks good.

1. Curious about the balance afterwords.

2. I would not want to get *any* plastidip on the mating surface where the rotor sits

3. I can't see how this will stay on the first time a tire changing spoon is used to pop the bead.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Do the wheel weights adhere to it ok if you take them off ahead of time?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I'm thinking that would be a problem, going forward; wheel weights shouldn't be stuck to a plasti-dipped surface, so when you get new tires I'm not sure how the balancing tech is gonna stick on the new weights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
its actually easier to spray plasti dip without the index cards. in my opinion it was easier to peel and make a cleaner cut around the wheel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Doesnt this stuff just peel off? I had a friend do this to his plastics and he got some on his head lights and just peeled it off with his fingers.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I'm curious to how well this has held up....thinking of doing this to my wheels.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Yeah, I'd really like to look into it, but I can't see how the first tire change isn't gonna tear the dip right off from the friction of the spoons.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Yeah, I'd really like to look into it, but I can't see how the first tire change isn't gonna tear the dip right off from the friction of the spoons.
I agree...
If it wasn't chipped like crazy from rocks, that would probably ruin it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

21 - 40 of 78 Posts