Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've wanted to do this install for a while just because I love the look and functionality of these flushmounts. They are EXTREMELY bright when the turn signal is activated and the Halo running light gives it a nice touch of color.

Since TST Industries does not make these for the 03-06 I knew I would have to do some modification. A dremel, file, and some silicone were all I needed for this install.

I printed out a template of the Halos outline to stick onto my fairing and followed the lines with the dremel.

Once I got pretty close to the line I went ahead and took a file to perfect the smoothness and inner part of the fairing.

Here are some pictures of the installation process and then some after pictures.

If more information is needed shoot me a PM. :) Ride safe guys and gals. :gun1:

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sweet, picked some up myself over the winter in hyper white. You're right, they're bright as all hell. Best part is they protrude out way more than the hot bodies that came on my bike when I bought, much more noticeable all around. :thumbup:

What color halo did you go with?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, picked some up myself over the winter in hyper white. You're right, they're bright as all hell. Best part is they protrude out way more than the hot bodies that came on my bike when I bought, much more noticeable all around. :thumbup:

What color halo did you go with?
I got the smoked orange ones. I thought about going with the smoked white but I have all of the gold Womet-Tech items TST Industries carries so I figured orange would sit well. How are yours still holding up?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I got the smoked orange ones. I thought about going with the smoked white but I have all of the gold Womet-Tech items TST Industries carries so I figured orange would sit well. How are yours still holding up?
Well they haven't seen any road use, just me testing them out. Winter's almost over.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well they haven't seen any road use, just me testing them out. Winter's almost over.
I didn't realize your info says Syracuse. Well hopefully the warm weather hits you soon. I've ridden a few dozen miles with them so far and the silicone is holding up great. I was riding for about 2-3 months with no signals at all so it's a huge relief having such bright ones now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I should've mentioned I have an 08 so no modification necessary, bolt on and go. Three quarters of the drivers down there might as well not have turn signals, I can't believe (the majority of) Florida drivers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should've mentioned I have an 08 so no modification necessary, bolt on and go. Three quarters of the drivers down there might as well not have turn signals, I can't believe (the majority of) Florida drivers.
You're not kidding. It blows my mind how many cars and riders (including myself for that time period) don't use their signals. Switching lanes and texting at the same time. :banghead:

The reason I didn't have mine was because I had painted my fairings and the previous ones were double sided taped onto the fairing. (Previous owner hack job) When I went to remove them the lens broke off of the signal so I tossed them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
question… i installed cheapo $30 smoked led flush mounts on my 2011 but they only work as signal lights so i lost my park lights or running lights option. does the TST do both? TIA

edit: i read the site, i see it does both. awesome! :thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
question… i installed cheapo $30 smoked led flush mounts on my 2011 but they only work as signal lights so i lost my park lights or running lights option. does the TST do both? TIA

edit: i read the site, i see it does both. awesome! :thumbup:
Yes they do! And like the pictures slightly show, they are awesome. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. For the 2011 it will be a direct install, no cutting or modification needed. They even have a video on their youtube channel of the install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts