Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, I decided that I would like to add turn signal mirrors to my RR. I do not like the look of the 1kRR's or the GSXR Mirrors. So I got these mirrors off egay.
Here they are next to the stock ones
So Next after having taken the mirrors off and removing the fairing they were screwed into I then got out my Dremmel. I bought this cutting wheel attachment.
I then cut a whole in the middle of the two stock holes the original mirrors screwed into....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next I placed the fairing back on the bike

Then I ran the wire through the hole I drilled and behind the front panel. I then bought long skinny bolts that fit inside the stock holes without having to drill them out. I used a washer on top to that the top of the bolt would catch the mirror. I used a nut on the reverse side.

Then I wired up the positive and negative ends of the wires.(there is no running light) and that is it. Simple mod, other than the fact the bolts that came with the mirrors didnt really fit correctly. Here is a look at the finished product with the newly added hot bodies flushmounts(smoked) let me know what you guys think??
I didnt catch the flushmount when it was blinking fully, oops.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a look from the riders view on the bike

The bolts stand out a bit but the wire is concealed pretty well I think.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey great job, way to be different! Do you have any pictures from the front under the mirrors? There seems to be a fairly large gap in one of the pictures. Do they vibrate at speed?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey great job, way to be different! Do you have any pictures from the front under the mirrors? There seems to be a fairly large gap in one of the pictures. Do they vibrate at speed?
I think what your seeing as the gap is actually a rubber cover that slides down to cover over the slots where the bolts go in. They do not vibrate at speed I screwed them down pretty hard. You can see the cover I'm talking about in the picture where you see the bolts. The cover is slide up to expose them. The covers just don't slide down and sit flush very well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i did the same after my two stock ones broke off. i used the bolts from the origional mounts though. the only thing i really don't like is the extra space at the bottom of the light mount on both sides. i routed my wires behind all the plastic though so you can't see them or the bolts at all. Would look almost perfect if there was no space, and they were matte (08 graffiti)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I have mixed feelings about how the mirrors look. I like the signal in them. But they are glossy and nothing else on the bike is. I dont think that I will be painting the mirrors. I'am currently already painting the engine cover. Additionally I plan on giving my bike a costom paint job over the winter. Daytona blue, something along those lines.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How are the mirrors themselves? visibility is same or worse or better than stock?
visibility is slightly worse but not by much. Nothing that makes me want to put the stock mirrors back on.

Speaking on the stock mirrors does anyone think it would be possible to drill holes in the stock mirrors and put LED's in them???

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I intend to do this as well. Which eBay seller is this from?

Also, how is visibility from the side? I may skip the flush mounts altogether and simply remove the stock signals from the fairings.

Finally, when you did the wiring did you just cut the stock connector from the stock signal and cut and twist the wires? Any soldering?

Sorry for the noob questions, I know nothing about lighting mods.

Thanks for your help!!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
We successfully drill holes in the stock mirrors and conceal the wires all the way to the bottom, BUT this is not a cost effective mod that we are going to pursue. No way we could charge what these led mirrors are selling for. Sorry. T

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
visibility is slightly worse but not by much. Nothing that makes me want to put the stock mirrors back on.

Speaking on the stock mirrors does anyone think it would be possible to drill holes in the stock mirrors and put LED's in them???
why not? go for it!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I like these mirrors the best (so far) because they don't force you to mod the fairing stay (and the fairing that much for that matter). It's the easiest to switch back to stock. Unfortunately the size of the base for these is HUGE and doesn't sit flush, so I'm gonna keep waiting and hope that someone comes out with one specifically for the 600rr.

A note about the bolts... why couldn't you reuse the stock bolts? They are at least black and should be the right length, at least then you wouldn't see the huge long silver bolts under the hood. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like these mirrors the best (so far) because they don't force you to mod the fairing stay (and the fairing that much for that matter). It's the easiest to switch back to stock. Unfortunately the size of the base for these is HUGE and doesn't sit flush, so I'm gonna keep waiting and hope that someone comes out with one specifically for the 600rr.

A note about the bolts... why couldn't you reuse the stock bolts? They are at least black and should be the right length, at least then you wouldn't see the huge long silver bolts under the hood. Just my .02 cents.
From the pictures it looks like the stock bolts won't be able to hold the new mirror mounts.

From the eBay description it looks like they also come without the aftermarket adjustable mount. They have ones that bolt to the stock mount.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts