Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DIy wheel stands Some Pics

Basically i have built a front and rear stand total cost for me was a fraction of a store bought stand. If u have the material and tools. I would like to know how many people would be interested in a write up on makin these stands im actually in the process of fabin a steering stem stand. Which in my head sounds just as easy as the front stand. if a couple of u guys are interested i will do a write up on this or at least post some pics to c what u guys think. these stands are just as good just as light/strong and sturdy but at a fraction of the cost. i could if there was a demand i could even mass produce them.

Here is both "prototypes"..lol Some mods to consider next gen will have longer handles with small bends. To grab off the ground. bends will be done by expansion cuttin and re-wieldin easy. I will also add grips on handles and pads at contact points. I was little disappointed in the front contacts the bike didn't spend alot of time engineerin that kinda needed to change front tire that minute. But with the second gen i hope to make the adaptor "or a better fork stand" i spoke of. after all that i'll paint um and post new pics with the write up. Ne idea/ info i will take into consideration with the new models will be built this weekend so let me know.

u cant c but i v notched the square tubin on the insid so the fork is semi secure.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
id be interested.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Definitly would be interested. A write up would be awesome!

·
Registered
736 Posts
yes yes and yes. i would love a write up. but why not just share now instead of looking for interest?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree....share now! In fact, could you send me a couple pics??? I have a buddy with a break and bender and all that other welding shtuff. Have been wanting to do this for a while, but I have no schematics. Was also thinking of doing it in one inch square tubing, 'cause I have a place to get it cheap.

Pics please!!!!!

+1+1+1

Ski

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im goin to get started write now the reason i just didn't do it i wasn't sure u guys would b interested in home built stands seems like everyone is in to payin over a hundred dollers for $10 of metal. I do use 1 inch square tubin .090 skiandclimb i avoid bends for now because i dont have a tube bender or a flame torch but im goin to have to figure somethin out for the steerin stem stand. if i did have a bender i could make some bitchin a$$ stands. i will have pics up prob. tomorrow or tonight of the rear thats done. My goal for the front is to make a 2 peice stand so those with fork stands like the one i already made can just make the adaptor for a steering stem stand. Thanks for the feed back guys.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
skiandclimb said:
I agree....share now! In fact, could you send me a couple pics??? I have a buddy with a break and bender and all that other welding shtuff. Have been wanting to do this for a while, but I have no schematics. Was also thinking of doing it in one inch square tubing, 'cause I have a place to get it cheap.

Pics please!!!!!

+1+1+1

Ski
they did it with square tubing.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
exo thats a good link but you would need to be able to bend the steel... I would like to see Davids stands since he said no steel bending is requiered, Which would most likely be more practicle for us without advanced equiptment.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Those are not bend the box steel is cut at an angle and welded but its just a different idea I would like to see davids too cause he mentioned making the front stand the hold the bike up by the steering stem then figure out which one would be easier for me to build seeing how I have limted tools and knowlegde on welding.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
they would be much more stable if they were in a big loop (large contact area with the ground) like the ones you buy and if when they were propped up, the wheels didnt touch the ground

1 - 20 of 21 Posts