Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone on here is like me and have lowsided thier bike and looking for parts then I'm sure you have heard of this character. DjPolanco. He is on nearly every wanted thread with his infamous one liners. You may know them as: "I have one, pm me".

While this doesn't seem to be an issue... he never provides pictures with the proper signs, he seems to have every part that everyone is looking for, and tries taking the transaction off the forums! If he has so many parts then how come we never see them up in the classifieds section? He has over 100 posts and has been a member for over 3 months so whats the deal?

I recently asked him to post the last 3 items he claimed he had with the proper sign for each item. He refused to do so.

It's simple to see what he is doing. He finds these parts elsewhere (craigslist, ebay, etc) and when someone posts an ad looking for something that he has access to, he tells the searcher that he has it. He tells you that it is in perfect shape and all is good. If you fall for it then he takes your money and buys this POS part which he has never even seen in person and ships it from them to you. Of course he charges you more than what he got it for.

If I am not mistaken, you need a vendors subscription to have a resell business on here so why are we letting him get away with it? You vendors need to speak up! He is feeding off this forums good nature to trust and puts innocent people being accused of doing this middleman scam. 3 months ago, I was falsely and annonymously accused of doing this same process when I was selling some fairings. I had lowsided my bike and the only parts I could find via ebay and craigslist were in package deals and the seller would not seperate.

After being accused I started noticing DjPolanco's little skeem and started looking into it more. I am a member of Barf.net and soflosportbikes.net and he is on there doing the same thing. I now have a couple people who back my investigation and reason to address this to everone else and get everyone elses opinion.

To summarize, DjPolanco buys POS parts and resells them to you for top dollar prices. He cannot post pictures of his items because he does not have them.

HE SHOULD BE BOOTED!! BRING DOWN THE BAN HAMMER!!

·
OG
3,350 Posts
Dealt with the guy before. Had ZERO issues. Bought three things from him and was happy with everything.

...but that was just my experience...

:popcorn:

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
So here is the deal guys. Djpolanco claims to be parting out his cousins bike. All classifieds he has posted in are consistent with the same year bike, hes not jumping around selling for all years. He is responding to WTB threads with his stuff for sale so he isnt required to post pictures.

It is the buyers job to ask for pictures and do your research and ask questions about the parts, if you are not satisfied move along.

Some people have had good experiences with djpolanco so its not an across the board screw everyone over deal.

If people have more info that I am not seeing then feel free to send it to me.

Also Djpolanco please know that parting a bike out is fine. But if it does continue to be a pattern of you parting out bikes or things seem to not add up with the same part being sold to different people or parts not matching the same bike, You will be required to buy the vendor tag.

·
Banned
150 Posts
So here is the deal guys. Djpolanco claims to be parting out his cousins bike. All classifieds he has posted in are consistent with the same year bike, hes not jumping around selling for all years. He is responding to WTB threads with his stuff for sale so he isnt required to post pictures.

It is the buyers job to ask for pictures and do your research and ask questions about the parts, if you are not satisfied move along.

Some people have had good experiences with djpolanco so its not an across the board screw everyone over deal.

Also Djpolanco please know that parting a bike out is fine. But if it does continue to be a pattern of you parting out bikes or things seem to not add up with the same part being sold to different people or parts not matching the same bike, You will be required to buy the vendor tag.
ok no problem

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Why didnt you just tell me that from the start when I first accused you instead of being ignorant about it? I have no problems standing tall when corrected and maybe you are telling the truth, theres something that is still telling me that perhaps your still full of it but I just cant prove it right now.

My apologies if I am wrong about this whole situation but dont get me wrong, I will still be watching what you sell and to whom when I see it. Also remember...i'm not JUST on this forum so whatever you sell to other forums will be noted too. Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.