Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 709 Posts

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
So I've been meaning to start a build thread for ages but never seemed to get around to it. Anyway after just over a year of owning the bike I'm beginning to lose track of my own project lol, so I wanted to keep a record of what's happened so far and hopefully what'll be happening in the future. I'd love to hear every ones opinions/advice etc. so please feel free to chime in

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Catch up time

Ok so I need to bring this thread up to speed. I've got various pics and a rough idea of how things have gone so far.

Picked up the bike in May 2013. Pretty much bone stock bar a double bubble screen, some rim tape and a tank pad.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First things on the shopping list were a slip on, a tail tidy and some mini led indicators inc flasher relay.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Came across some proton flushmount front indicators here on the forum so snapped them up! I'm now two months into owing the bike.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The bike stayed as above for a couple of months until January 2014 when I decided to overhaul the bikes brakes. After looking at loads of different options I went with HEL lines, EBC pads, HRC rear rez delete, and due to some nasty vibes/chatter from the stock rotors (possibly warped) I went with some wave rotors recommended by other users on this forum. http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=291047

People with these rotors had reported good experiences with them and as they were very cost effective I decided to pull the trigger and give them a whirl.

Also went with some CNC adjustable levers from 'the2wheels' of which I've had three sets and all have been great.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the next big investment was to go further with the rear end. The R&G tail tidy was much better than stock but after seeing some of the sexy rears on this forum I knew I wanted more lol.

An order was placed for Tripages adjustable FE to work with my Yoshi RS-5, and a further order went in to the guys at TST for their tail light and carbon undertail. The undertail had slots cut for my Yoshi but also for the indicator mounting brackets (integrated IT not legal here in UK). The Yoshi was lowered to allow for good visibility of the tail light.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The rear end was now much better. The TST tail light and carbon undertail fitted together very nicely but the lowered Yoshi was now not looking quite right to me. It seemed to look a lot longer without the stock fender around it, plus I didn't like the line it followed with it being lowered.

Solution? Chop it! This would give good visibility of the tail light, improve aesthetics by reducing the length and improve the lines of the rear by it not being lowered any more. It was time to start cutting...

Sound clip (iPhone sorry)

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soon to follow were carbon heel guards and a G-craft replica rear brake reservoir from SBS. This allowed me to remove the HRC/tygon tubing setup, remove the passenger pegs and cut off the mount for the stock rear rez. All together a much neater and sleeker rear end I feel.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The original rear HEL line was never a good fit due to the banjos being in the wrong orientation to fit the rez and calliper. Ordered a new one and went for red to stand out more against the black wheel/swingarm.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stomp grips next.

Whilst I had the heat gun out I decided to remove the rim tape that the bikes previous owner had installed. I much prefer it without tbh.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll notice from the pics above that I ditched the double bubble screen. It got damaged and it was the perfect opportunity for me to replace it with something else.

I went for the OEM Honda screen in light smoke. Since I'm only 5'8" I didn't benefit from the DB screen all that much and I prefer the more 'tucked in' look of the OEM compared to the DB which I always felt was a little higher and looked a bit 'touring' for me.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So this just about brings the bike up to date as of July2014. I'll keep updating the thread for my own records and for you guys to let me know your opinions/feedback.

Latest additions planned are OEM colour matched rear hugger in Italian red which I dropped off at the sprayers last week, A TST carbon fibre chain guard to compliment the hugger which was ordered last week, and some Gilles FXR rearsets which are on their way as we speak (thanks Rad rage). Also got an R&G radiator guard in the garage waiting to go on.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
About time Dan.. Bike looks great mate.

Really like the shortened Yoshi too so good work with that. I too run the OEM smoked screen as I prefer it to the DB ones out there.

What else you got planned mate?

Cheers Raj, yeah long overdue I know.

Apart from the imminent hugger, rearsets & chain guard the future plans aren't set yet. I wanna do something with the mirrors, most likely 1krr from Tripage. Quite tempted to change sprockets too. From there the world is my oyster haha. Sooo many options out there...

Loving your projectors mate, might have to add them to my list too lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Wnat a brilliant tasty build so far love the detailed pictures as well

Reactions: dkid
1 - 20 of 709 Posts