Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DMJ_88 has issued a FULL Refund!!

It has been a week now AFTER I sent DMJ_88 $200.00 for rearsets. Communicate was smooth up until the money was sent. I had some questions about the rearsets and made counter offer. All those PMs were answered in a timely manner.

Once payment was sent to his Paypal account I have not heard from him. I have tried multiple emails and PM attempts. I hope all is well with him.

Unfortunately, for me, I sent the money as a Payment under the Personal tab :banghead:

Canceling said claim through my bank today:
I am proceeding with a fraud claim through my bank to see if they can help in any way but its not looking good. Lesson learned the hard way I guess.....

If something were to change, I will be happy to update this review. DMJ_88 Made things right

Regards,

Kevin

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Highzer.

During this fraud claim, I have to close down my bank account, reauthorize my paypal account, get documents notorized, change all online account linked to said bank account, redo payroll direct deposit etc. What a pain in the a$$ because someone didn't want to work honestly for money. :cursin::gun1:

:endrant:

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Thanks Highzer.

During this fraud claim, I have to close down my bank account, reauthorize my paypal account, get documents notorized, change all online account linked to said bank account, redo payroll direct deposit etc. What a pain in the a$$ because someone didn't want to work honestly for money. :cursin::gun1:

:endrant:

damn that sucks bro,

NEVER and this is for the future,

NEVER SEND IT PERSONAL!!!! Unless it is truly personal and you are just sending money with nothing coming back in return,

if they squack about paypal fees then then leave the transaction, it costs money to sell, they should put it into their price they are wanting for the item,

hopefully the seller comes through and brings his name back up, with a thread like this I would never buy from him unless he clears his name right,

sorry to hear of your loss, hopefully it all works out.

also never sell through pm's, have them put a thread up so they accountable to all of .net for their actions, this pains me to see a fellow rider taken advantage of,

DMJ_88 do what you need to do and honor your transaction,

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
what a person... man that sucks im sorry to hear of the hassle you've been putting up with. hopefully things will even out. GL

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
1 week seriously did you pay for overnight shipping or something? maybe you should wait at least 10 days if he sent it parcel post

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 week seriously did you pay for overnight shipping or something? maybe you should wait at least 10 days if he sent it parcel post
Its been 13 days now. No overnight shipping requested. When someone sends any money, its common courtesy to let them know their product was shipped and by what means. The fact that he hasn't responded to any PM's or emails since the money was sent is very odd. I have not ruled out that something might have happened to where he can't get to a computer. If that is the case, I would be happy to clear his name.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it was sent through paypal, just file a claim through them. I got my money back from a similar situation.

I wouldnt bother with your bank...they all suck.
A neat little fact I found out because of this situation is: Paypal does not protect "Personal" transactions. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts

its not that its been a week, its the drop of communcation once money was sent so its like this,

If im buying from you, its all good in the begining, you tell me about the product, I ask all the questions I have and then we agree and I send you money,

when money is sent you should send a confirmation, money was received, and the item will be shipped on this day, then, the seller needs to provide tracking information what carrier it was sent through and estimated delivery date to the buyer the day the seller ships it,

then as a good seller should do, keep communication open while the item is in transit, once received, the buyer should notify the seller item has been received and confirm it was what was agreed upon for the transaction, at that point the deal is done and each party is happy,

do you see where the seller has failed in this transaction,

once money was sent, he fell off the face of the earth, FOR A WEEK, no communication of shipping, im going on a vacation, I wont be around for a week, my dog died, the phones are all out, aliens took the item from me, here is your refund,

the seller has sent NOTHING<

now going on 13days, negative thread, if he was honest and doing his part in the transaction, he would be in this thread, clearing his name, and saying the item shipped this day, and here is the tracking information,

dmj_88

Knee Dragger

Last Activity: 09-29-2011 04:08 PM

Dude hasnt been here since 9/29, believe me, when im selling the buyer has my address, phone number, email, and the buyer can text me anytime for whatever,

when you buy something online Im sure you want to keep communication open, it keeps the buyers confidence in you as a seller,

good luck bro, lets hope DMJ is okay, and clears up this situation,

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
A neat little fact I found out because of this situation is: Paypal does not protect "Personal" transactions. :banghead:
Thats bull ****. I got scammed $400 someone sent me as personal. They got their $400 of goods, and money back.

Pay pal sucks lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thats bull ****. I got scammed $400 someone sent me as personal. They got their $400 of goods, and money back.

Pay pal sucks lol
that seems crappy, why was he able to get the money back when he sent it personal, but OP he is in a jam and can't get it back? seems backwards how scammers always win.

I

·
0 Posts
OP any updates? I've had a few bad situations but never with anyone on here. I sold a 600rr Engine case to a guy on ebay who claimed the box got there empty. It screwed up not putting insurance on it so Paypal gave him a full refund and I lost out on shipping. All and all I was out $310. You live and learn.

·
Registered
127 Posts
OP any updates? I've had a few bad situations but never with anyone on here. I sold a 600rr Engine case to a guy on ebay who claimed the box got there empty. It screwed up not putting insurance on it so Paypal gave him a full refund and I lost out on shipping. All and all I was out $310. You live and learn.
Came to see any updates myself... Stories like this suck. How does the scammer always come out on top with paypal.

I heard of a scammer asking for refund because product not as advertised, pretends to ship the product back, shows paypal that he sent it back with a tracking number, but it is just a box without the product.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No updates yet unfortunately. The bank has everything they need to process the claim so I guess thats what they are doing (going on 7-8 days since all the documents were submitted) My bank said 7-10 days to process so I'm not worried yet. I will definitely follow up once I hear back from the bank.

No responses from the member in question either. Again, I hope everything is alright on his end since they haven't logged in since getting the money.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Pay pal sucks lol
Yeah, I guess it could be something else, who really knows right?? lol

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
sorry to hear man, i haven't purchased a lot of parts via paypal, but theres always that worry about getting scammed. Looks at RSP (Steve) and his carbon parts, there was a few guys who sent him $ w no word of his where abouts? again you hope the person involved is ok??

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
again you hope the person involved is ok??
I hope nothing has happened to him that would prevent him from completing the transaction (a wreck, family emergency, etc). With that being said, I hope the bank finds this user and gets the law involved.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
HUGE Break-Through!

With the help of a fellow member, I was able to contact DMJ_88 via phone. He was out of the country from the beginning of Oct. to this past weekend. Someone sent him money for the same product right before I did without him realizing. He has issued a FULL Refund, making things just peachy.

LESSONS LEARNED:
~Don't send things Personal via Paypal!
~Get a phone number/address of the seller/buyer and confirm that the number is right.
~For Seller, they should keep communication wide open and inform a buyer of any big upcoming plans that might hinder communication.

THINGS LEFT TO DO:
~Cancel Fraud report if possible
~Change Title of this thread (Mods please help with this one)

Mods: Please change the title of this Thread to DMJ_88 Made things right. (without any thumbs down)

Thank you fellow members for your support and help with this!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts