Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has dmp stands, and how do they fit your bike? I ordered a pair, and the rear stand isn't even wide enough to fit the spools. So how in the f*ck do they expect me to use it?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
use different spools. im guessing you have spool sliders which stick out further than conventional spools.
just get cheapo spools, take out the slider ones for stand use.
then take off the cheapos and put the slider ones back on.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have them adjusted all the way out as far as it'll go and it still lacks about a 1/4" to fit. My other T-rex stand still has plenty of room to spare for wider adjustments. Just doesn't make much since not to do the same on a more expensive stand.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
umm... i think you might be doing something wrong lol

in the first post you said that the stand isnt wide enough but in the pictures you can clearly see it is. Do you mean that the brackets wont pull out (or pull "in") far enough to catch your spools?

if you can, can you post a pic of the dmp with the brackets as close to the spools as you can get them?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The brackets weren't wide enough to fit the spools, so I said f*ck it, it's going to work one way or another. So I took it inside, laid in on the carpet, put my foot on one side where the wheel bracket is and pulled up on the other side a couple of times until I got it to move a total of a 1/2". Now I have a 1/4" to play with instead of being a 1/4' too short.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then it's on to the front fork stand, another pain in my ass. :cursin: I have no clearance to fit the pin up under the triple tree slot because of the front fender. So I keep asking myself why don't these idiots design each stand for the bike it's suppose to lift? Response,Oh it's a univeral stand and it works with every bike. Um, wrong. Apparently not or I wouldn't be having so much trouble.

So after f*cking with it for a while, the only way I can get it to work is to put the triple tree slot pin in last. After I lift the front end up, I notice in doing so I've scratched my fender up, son of a bitch. :cursin: I'm glad it happened now instead of after I get the new paint job, whiich it still a few months away. So next time I guess I'll have to remove the front fender first.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
hhhmmm... strange.

maybe the stand got messed up in shipping or something.

my spools are about the same as yours in the inside parts (shoguns) and the brackets are about halfway on both sides

i was gonna say that you should contact dmp to see what they think. I had an issue (mostly shipping damage) with my 1st DMP stand and they sent me a new rear stand the next day.

EDIT: damn, I guess I wont be getting the front stand from them lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dmp stands came damaged too but mostly cosmetic, I removed the stickers cause they were all f*cked up. Emailed the manufacturer and got the shipping refunded.

Just emailed him again telling him all the problems I've been having today with them, we'll see what he has to say next.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hhhmmm... strange.

maybe the stand got messed up in shipping or something.

my spools are about the same as yours in the inside parts (shoguns) and the brackets are about halfway on both sides

i was gonna say that you should contact dmp to see what they think. I had an issue (mostly shipping damage) with my 1st DMP stand and they sent me a new rear stand the next day.

EDIT: damn, I guess I wont be getting the front stand from them lol
It would work well if there was enough clearance, but there's not. The fender's just in the way.

Did you return the stand you got for a replacement? My stand was damaged before they wrapped it in plactic wrap, nice huh. Hey, let's just throw it around the shop for a while then package it up, they'll never know the difference.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
It would work well if there was enough clearance, but there's not. The fender's just in the way.

Did you return the stand you got for a replacement? My stand was damaged before they wrapped it in plactic wrap, nice huh. Hey, let's just throw it around the shop for a while then package it up, they'll never know the difference.

the stand I have now is the replacement. They sent it to me and then I sent the messed up one back in the new one's box. There's a review somewhere on here that I made of it. The 1st one had cosmetic damage which was hard to tell if it was during or pre-shipment. But what made me unhappy with it was some corrosion which I found at the weld points. When I sent them pics of that, they immediately apologized for the inconvenience, sent me a new one and prepaid the shipping for the damaged one to be sent back.

To be honest, the only reason I got it was because I snagged it during a GB and for the price, it couldnt be beat. But I think for my next set of stands I'll probably save up some extra cash to get the Pitbulls.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the front tripple lift dmp stand works great. and the ream dmp stand with teh shogun spool sliders. and no problems. except the rubber protector on the stands come off.

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
I have both the front and rear DMP stands. They work fine. I'm using Graves Motorsport spools on the swingarm.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts