Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
what...I'm pretty sure they don't come with the bike per se, but an accessory for the bike, like how leather in most cars is considered an option. All my buddies rides came w/ a pass. seat.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you work the cowl into the deal, it will come with it. Never leave a dealership without one or one on order. They had to order my black one when I got that one. No cowl, no deal. They don't cost that much to them. $50-$80 for Honda to get them. $160 on the mark up. T

·
Drama Queen Extraordinaire
778 Posts
My '06 GSX-R1000 did, my CBR did not. It also had a real took kit, my CBR has nada.
Whether people call gixxers squid bikes or not, they come pretty hooked up. I mean stock integrated front and rear blinkers, tool kit, single seat cowl, hazards, a passing light, the new ones have like beginner, intermediate and expert settings, stock projectors. Room to put shiz in the tail compartment.

Also the 06/07 gsxr600s are pretty light too, 351lb dry stock.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Smallssssss - don't you falter over to the dark side now ya hear. Forget about those GSXRs now.

They probably include all that stuff because thats what they have to do to sell it.
I DIM (do it myself), so that wouldn't be any fun.
I had a lot of fun stripping my bike down the second week I had it,...super cereal

·
778 Posts
for bikes, I've owned 2 yamahas, 1 kawasaki and 2 hondas.

and I'm a DIM kinda guy too. I just punched the cat outta my Y-pipe last weekend. I have a BMC filter and some race raffles in the mail for my R1.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Smallssssss- Your talking the y-pipe on the CBR??

Did you split the pipe, or use the roto-rooter method?

My slip on should be here today, and I've been thinking of doing that to mine.

Any input?

·
778 Posts
Talking about my R1, I picked up an 06 R1, so I finally decided to start working on it.

The way the exhaust system works, is 2 cans that go to a y-pipe, then to the headers.

The catalytic converter is in the y-pipe and can be punched out with a huge screw driver and some patience.

I also ordered some race baffles that go inside the stock cans. It comes with muffler packing and everything. It should be like a full exhaust for like 90 bucks and 2 hours worth of work.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Oh.
I was also thinking..........

A few of my buddies have fabbed thier own headers many times.

Couldn't you cut before and after the cat and splice in a strait pipe the same diameter.
I wouldn't see why not.
You could blend the inside of the pipe smooth with a cone sander, and as long as you put back what you take, it should line up and all that jazz eh?

It just hit the cage season up here for the most part, so I got time to do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts