Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One day, I decided to ride my '03 Busa to go to a yearly motorcycle gathering event. About fifteen miles from the destination, I noticed law enforcement officers made their present known brazenly.

Anyway, I was following a group of Harleys then all of a sudden a squad car behind me turned on its siren and instructed me to pull over via the speaker.

So, I pulled over and stopped. The officer (a sergeant) then proceeded to ask me "Do you know why I stopped you?" I responded politely "No, I don't know officer?" Then he said "His subordinates saw me speeding a couple miles earlier." Then I responded "Are you sure it was me officer? I was following a group of Harleys how could I be speeding?" Then the officer said "OK let me check with the officers that saw me speeding. And meanwhile, you take off your helmet." So, I took off my helmet.

After ten minutes standing on the side of the road the officer walked to me and informed me "That I am lucky that he could not locate the officers that saw me speeding and you can go." So, I took off without receiving a citation.

I am hoping there are some ex police officers or police officers here who can enlighten me to why I was stopped? Was it because of the bike that I ride? It would be nice if I can get a closure on this incident.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Of course sport bikes are targeted

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ive been targeted. I was passed by a car as we passed a cop and the cop would rather pull me over. Another time I juiced it a little from a stop but didnt hit the speed limit and got pulled over (for speeding). The cop said I was doing well over 20 over. He didn't have a radar gun but apparently he doesn't need one. Got a ticket for the first, not for the 2nd.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Some cops that's have had bikers run or act uncivilized during a traffic stop will be discriminat towards bikers in general not just sportbikes but sportbikes seem to usually be the main conflict

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The short answer YES, YES they do......

But a few a weeks ago there was a check point on a popular motorcycle road and the cops only made the harley guys pull over take off their helmets & check their stuff. Us on the other hand just checked the L's and waved us on.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm not an officer yet (graduating in about 8 months with my BA and then going to academy), but yes they are targeted. They arent just attacking us though. You have to admit most problem bikers come from sport bikes. NOTE:Im not saying that Harleys and cruisers dont cause problems, but for the general consensus, we are the problem makers. Yes, this site promotes safety and for the most part, just about everybody here is a respectible rider. But what about all the other 1685451851684 sport bikes out there causing problems.

Whenever I pass a cop, I give them a nice 'hey wave' and they see im being respectible so they don't even mess with me. They normally wave back and actually look like they are happy that im not being stupid.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
heheh
yip targeted as
but some go easy and target lil ricer kids in civics, others hit mescle cars , all depending on the encounters that they have had in their careers so thing is go easy on the cops when they ping you and do all ya fellow riders a favour!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
As all have said YES!!! Im lucky, most of the local cops would rather give me grief for fun rather than ticket me. (small town) and having a brother in-law that is a state trooper helps some. If you ride responsibly and can get to know the cops in your area it will make life easier if you do screw up. There is one small town that i have to travel through that I stay well within the law. Those fkers love to write tickets.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
My area is the opposite. Sportbikes have a better reputation, and are generally allowed to pass "GO" and collect 200 bucks!

I'm guessing because that we wear gear, generally have a higher IQ, and no criminal background. :banger: and that and we dont riddle the highway's and parking lot's with oil..... hahaha :ciao:

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
I'm with Moe, spoken from experience.

You're from Florida... Enough said.... Thats why.... Durrr???? :retard:Live in a state where Harley and cruiser's dominate with no gear, and its the opposite... Yep :cruising:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
My area is the opposite. Sportbikes have a better reputation, and are generally allowed to pass "GO" and collect 200 bucks!

I'm guessing because that we wear gear, generally have a higher IQ, and no criminal background. :banger: and that and we dont riddle the highway's and parking lot's with oil..... hahaha :ciao:
I would have thought they really targeted you and everyone else in pimpville unless the cops are pimps to
And when did pimps start having high IQ's and no criminal background :confused1

·
Registered
491 Posts
depends on the person, i have a cop in my building who has a 2004 ninja, and a new sportster, tricked out as hell. very nice guy, always fucks with me with his interceptor.. did a rolling race with me once, and he never fucks with bikes. he tells me he pulls idiots over, and scares them a bit into not acting like morons. but doesnt give any tickets unless you are being a complete ass..
so just be respectful, admit being an idiot, and say that youl do your best to stay out of trouble, if a cop is not a ****, hel probably let you go with a warning.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Motorcycles in general, and especially sport bikes, are absolutely targeted by police. Naked bikes aren't as much of a target, in my experience. And if you're wearing dorky high-vis gear like me then cops will wave and give you the thumbs up, and you're dramatically less likely to get pulled over.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts