Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't ridden or started my bike for about 1.5 months and today it wouldn't start. It fired up after I jumped it with my car and now I wonder if my battery is no longer good. Should I buy a new battery or buy a battery tender?

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Haven't ridden or started my bike for about 1.5 months and today it wouldn't start. It fired up after I jumped it with my car and now I wonder if my battery is no longer good. Should I buy a new battery or buy a battery tender?

Thanks
Take the battery to a parts store and get it tested to see if it is still good.

·
Registered
697 Posts
How old is the battery? I say ride it for at least an hour or so, ride it at freeway/highway speeds tho, city streets wont get the revs high enough to allow the charging system to really work. Then go back the next day and see if it will start again. If it starts without hesitation then I say the battery is still taking charge and not bad.

But if you ride it only once every couple months then the battery is going to die regardless, so get a battery tender as well. Or just give me your bike, Ill ride it! lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How old is the battery? I say ride it for at least an hour or so, ride it at freeway/highway speeds tho, city streets wont get the revs high enough to allow the charging system to really work. Then go back the next day and see if it will start again. If it starts without hesitation then I say the battery is still taking charge and not bad.

But if you ride it only once every couple months then the battery is going to die regardless, so get a battery tender as well. Or just give me your bike, Ill ride it! lol
It's an 09 that I bought brand new. Gonna listen to you and take it out for a ride Sunday. Let's see if it charges

1 - 4 of 4 Posts