Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have added proton flushmounts, clear alternatives tail light integrated turn sigs, power commander 3, license plate light. today after riding some twisties, i stopped at a turkey hill to grab a cold drink, when i was done and ready to backtrack home, i went to start and i heard crank crank die. i said oh, i held the front brake in, tried again, tach swung up down and NO crank!. called a buddy he said my battery is drained. i then tried run n starting it. no luck. luckily about a 1/4 mile down the road was an advance auto parts, the guy gave me a jump and fired up after several tries. i then noticed earlier goin through some corners my tach didnt seem to pass 4ks. i was like ok, im hittin this next corner hard. it did pass up to nearly 8 so i was happy with that.

so, with all this stuff, my question is do i need a new battery? a bigger capacity one? i now have the battery tender hooked up to it and its charged up and starting fine now.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
as long as everything is wired right your batt/stator can easily handle all that, id take it easy til ya figure out the problem, you dont want that to quit in the middle of a turn!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im pretty sure its all wired right. i let the dealer do everything and hes pretty good i know them well. i had the battery tender on for the last 2 hours, its steady green so im gonna go pull it off and see if everything fires up right.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, i pulled off the tender. its firing right up. im still gonna have the battery tested by lanc honda to make sure its strong enough. im also gonna use my tender a lot more now. maybe after every sunday ride leave it on for a night and a little trickle charge on wednesdays.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Any auto parts store can load test the battery for you
that is the best way to tell if the battery is ok or not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts