Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let the bike down, the slider caught most of it, but the front turn signal punched through the upper.

Is this repairable? There's still a little bit of the fairing attached to the turn signal. I'm planning on having the bike repainted anyway.

Can I repair it (epoxy or body filler?) or should I just buy a whole new upper?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
A new upper is around $500. A used one in good condition, a bit less. Depends on if it's worth the money to you.

Otherwise....I had the same thing happen to me, and I filled the hole using a fiberglass repair kit (you could use something like JB Weld too), sanded it down, repainted it with factory colors, and replaced the factory wing decal. Total cost about $50. It wasn't a factory finish, but from 10 feet away, it was hard to tell.

I really despise Honda's design on the front blinker mounting points -- in almost any get-off, the blinkers are almost guaranteed to punch a hole in the fairing.

L

·
0 Posts
cheetah makes exact oem fairings out of fiberglass that are less expensive than the originals.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've seen new oem fairings going for a buy it now price of around 330.00 on ebay

H

·
0 Posts
i would go for the plastic weld before glass... glass and plastic have different heating properties... it you try to put glass on a plastic fairing at some point it will break again... you can use the fiberglass cloth, but you need something that is designed more like plastic for the epoxy... this is info i got from a credible repair guy around here... he told me what stuff to buy, but damned if i forgot the name..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts