Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I LOVE my bike, but rebuilding a salvage bike from an unknown crash is never easy. something I never got around to doing was replacing the bar ends, and my hands have suffered for it. Recently I got a pair of D-3 grips from disco and I couldn't stand having such awesome grips and an empty hole on the end of them. One problem I have is that I've never had bar ends, so I have no idea how they should fit or how they should feel. My Driven grips seem long, because about a half inch of loose end hangs off the end of the clip-on unsupported. Does this get supported with a bar end in there? My other question is do I really need anything specific, or will the everyday $10-20 bar end work? Do I need some sort of rubber sleeve on the inside?

Here's my end before I put the new grips on:

And here's what I was looking at getting in knurled and black:
http://www.solomotoparts.com/product.php?productid=31766&cat=374&page=1

I'd really like to put this finishing touch on my bike, so TIA for the help!

---------------- Now playing: Lostprophets - We Still Kill The Old Way via FoxyTunes

·
Registered
43 Posts
You should be fine w/ some generic bar ends. If you wanted you could use some lead shot and fill in the bars and then use a bolt to close off the ends. It really doesn't matter what you use to keep them from vibrating, but you do want to add some sort of weight either as a bar end or filling the clip ons. You just want to get rid of the vibrations because that is what is causing your hands to go numb.

skoot

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, or no depending on if you used grip glue or not. If you did use glue, then no, it will just dampen the vibrations. If you didn't use glue, then yes it will keep the grips from sliding off the end of the bar.

skoot

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts