Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me that insurance companies can only find out the date I was first licensced. They won't know when I got my M1 from the DMV records.

Is that true? California DMV.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I told my first insurance company that I had my M1 one year earlier than the real date, they didn't dispute it. So I guess it might work.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have never been asked for date of license. I have always been asked when the last time I completed a MSF course was and how may years of experiance I had on and off road with bikes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I insuranced my bike last year to practice in parking lots and so my dad could ride it. I was able to put it in my name and had no endorsment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I guess it depends on your insurance agency, they asked me I was honest(1 year next month) and now i'm paying 4 my honesty if you know what i mean..... :???:

·
Registered
700 Posts
my insurance company asked for the liscense # when i only had my permit. but a car liscense and a bike permit have the same number, so i gave it to them and they didnt say anything to me

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
My insurance company must have some kind of link to the DMV because they just asked me if the specific date I got mine was right. They knew without even asking me.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
When I got my first insurance I told them I had been riding for three years but I didn't even have an endorsement. Nothing ever came of it, I'm still with the same company too and I really have had my liscence for over three years now so they really can't say ****.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts