Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little over 7k on my 2008 600rr, but seeing as its an 08, I was wondering if possibly the air filter, or plugs need to be changed due to just how old the bike is. I didn't think so, but my buddy swears that those 2 things pretty much degrade with time, thanks

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I would disagree, to a point. Spark plugs no, but paper filters can degrade over time if they are subjected to weather variables like humidity, moisture or other outside factors like rodents and dirt. It depends on what it was subjected to.

On an 08 you’re probably fine, but personally I’d check it to be sure it’s clean, on my used ‘11 Triumph Sprint my 11K old air filter was AWFUL and should have been replaced in half of that time. And personally, I’d replace it since it’s a PITA to get to, but that’s your call.

I’ve also worked on vintage bikes and had 20 year old air filters literally fall apart in my hands removing them both paper and foam.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah true. I think I checked my filter a couple thousand miles ago and it looked alright. Aren't you suppose to change it when you can't see light through it anymore! And the obvious, if it looks like garbage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts