Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some aftermarket signals on the rear and they only come on when I put the signal on. However, I noticed the front lights are always on. Is this how they are supposed to be? I know this is a dumb question and I am being paranoid, but thank you for reading anyway.

Jason

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Do the rear signal lights on the RR stay on all the time

jason07 said:
I just installed some aftermarket signals on the rear and they only come on when I put the signal on. However, I noticed the front lights are always on. Is this how they are supposed to be? I know this is a dumb question and I am being paranoid, but thank you for reading anyway.

Jason
They have dual filiment bulbs or running light bulbs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
that is how it should be even if you are running on stock rear turn signal.. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
881 Posts
What bulbs would you need to buy if you wanted them on all the time? AND
is it illegal to have clear blinkers rather than orange in Minn e Solta? Anyone know?

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
it's not the bulbs, it's the wiring. you'd need to modify your rear wiring to get running lights in the rear as well.

not sure about clear blinkers, but i believe that it's ok to have clear lenses, as long as your bulbs blink orange.

·
Registered
221 Posts
cops in Colorado say "AMBER", i didn't know what the hell they were talking about until they pointed at my rear turn signals.

yeah, if the color ain'T "amber or orange" , the statuate (sp) in the State probably says no. it can be a fine, depending on Johnny's mood

local library has a copy of the state traffic statuets (sp) forgot how to spell

·
Registered
346 Posts
oopps.. i don't even know bout that! camel jockey, did the popo stop you because of that?

·
Registered
881 Posts
No, haven't done either yet, just was wondering since I've seen others with clear or white lenses.

On a side note, my buddy on his RC-fiddy one and another on his 996 wanted to meet at 1st thursday (local MPLS get together) tonight. So I had the normal fight with the wifey, headed out. YEAH I came back home 10 minutes later, froze my balls off. Temp said 40 something, but when you ride it's more like 20 something. F-that, give me ticket to San Diego.....
I hate Minnesota, and I'm stuck here for the rest of my life. aaarrrrrgggghh

·
Registered
346 Posts
hehehe.. expected.. even it's freakin cold when i cycled to classes.. anyway, do you guys (in MN) have any regular local get together? interested to join! but seems like bit late.. =P

·
Registered
147 Posts
i noticed that too when i was wiring my bike w/ LP short stalks. how come the front stay on (three wires) while the rears are only two? i would imagine the rear to be more important then the front; the need for a bigger footprint. personally believe our rear brake lamp is too small

C

·
0 Posts
Yea, you never really notice the rear lights. When I dumped my F4i a while back, I was checking for problems and thought that something was wrong with the rear signals too. Your not the only goof.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Simonster said:
it's not the bulbs, it's the wiring. you'd need to modify your rear wiring to get running lights in the rear as well.

not sure about clear blinkers, but i believe that it's ok to have clear lenses, as long as your bulbs blink orange.
simonster, do you know how to mod the wiring so that the rear signals always turn on? thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The front signal lights need to have a running light but the rear signals don't. As for the color of the signal light, it can be amber or white light.

·
Registered
346 Posts
personally, rear signals having a running light is safer.. if somebody can help me with that.. i've found a thread, but not so sure if they're talking bout rear signals to be running light.. thanks! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The bulb in the signals have to be a dual filiament bulbs to run both lights. The third wire for the running light is right under the tail for the maker/brake light assembly, just splice into it . Should be an easy mod. to make night riding safer. Good idea..... In Michigan the signals have to be orange or amber to satisfy the five o.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts