Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I walk in the door, my wife gets this look on her face, curls her upper lip up and says..."Ugh, you smell like motorcycle exhaust fumes!"

Do you guys ever get this? And, of course, I do everything I can to help with matters....I wash the bike regularly, I am always careful not to spill gasoline on the tank when filling up, I keep my riding gear clean all the time, and I really don't even sweat in my gear! Heck, sometimes I'll even spray a little extra cologne on my jacket to help!

Am I the only one that gets this harassment? Anything you guys suggest to help?

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's the problem altogether because of the exhaust smell, it's that much harder to distinguish the poo tang smell that you were hitting earlier! That's why she's b*tching about it, because she can't catch you!

FloridaMotoHead said:
Tell her its better to smell like a Honda engine then the poo tang you have been hittin! haha j/k Since the 600rr exhaust is in the middle of the bike there really is nothing you can do about it...... :icon_spid

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Run racing gas, the exhaust smells better

But yeah, your stuck with it. The center up exhaust curls around in your wake and your gonna smell like it. I like it personally

·
Registered
234 Posts
Um, you don't have the protection of windows or fiberglass, if you're in traffic, or behind a car on the road their exhaust fumes cling to your jacket, clothes, gloves any and all fabric. I've never ridden the RR on twisty backroads and come home smellin' like exhaust.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its funny, I have never been told I smell like exhaust fumes. Maybe thats her way of saying she doesnt want you riding so much and a hint to spend more damn time with her. At least you get home in one piece, nothing a shower cant fix.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My girlfriend says my jacket smells like "a motorcycle". She doesn't want it near her. I say "You should love this jacket, for it protects yours truly from harmful asphault." She still hates it. I like it though.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Going faster doesn't help for me. It seems the faster I go, the more I smell. My g/f will complain occasionaly if I go right to bed after a good ride, but most of the time I'm the only one that smells it.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
If that is all she has to complain about, she's a lucky lady. Ask her why she stopped washing and ironing just to tell you that and to get back to work. LOL yeah, that'll help.

Seriously, are you running a pipe and no PC? Get your bike mapped, it'll help out plenty, and lastly, stop trying to shag ya mrs when you get back from a ride. Have a shower first you bastard. LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
highside101 said:
Go faster, maybe you can outrun your exhaust.
LOL. I'm all over this solution.

·
Registered
912 Posts
That's funny because the same smell has the exact opposite effect on my g/f. She can't get enough of it. She smells motorcycle on me and she can't keep her filthy paws off of me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts