Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

do you have a St.Christopher medal on you?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • I dont believe in that.

Votes: 30 34.5%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
"Really??? Seriously???"
2,969 Posts
Yeah I have a St. Christopher medal in the rear seat of my bike and my Icon Leather jacket actually came with one inside the chest pocket on the inside of the jacket. I didn't notice until about a month after I had bought it. I though it was awesome! Not everyone is Catholic though so you cant expect a lot of people to have one. LoL

·
Registered
743 Posts
I used to wear one. I was raised catholic but decided to just put my faith and worship in God, not some saints. Not meaning to start a flame, who needs a saint, I got God in my heart.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got a ICON MERC HERO leather and I didnt know I had one in my inner pocket either until the one day I was putting my phone away and noticed it there. But ya I was raised Catholic and wear one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i put my faith in God, not just a good man. whether you choose to believe it or not, he controls the future and knows whats going to happen to all of us.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Faith- in a God, a symbol, one oneself, whatever, can be a powerful tool, whether there really is a God or Gods or not. (I tend to lean toward the "not", myself, but like to keep my options open...)

Faith works with the subconscious mind as an enabler.

Anyone who has studied martial arts or sport (especially a precision sport, like... riding a motorcycle) at a high level knows this.

I have a couple o-mamori I picked up at various temples in Kyoto, which I use in competiton in my sport (past World Games and World Championship archer), not because I am Buddhist (I am not) but, because I choose to give my subconscious good tools to work with.

So, don't dis someone because of their good luck charm- because of the power of faith and the subconscious, it might really help!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts