Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK today i'm out trying to get around before the rain starts. I'm going down the road and a few bikes come flying past me with one bike on one wheel. I don't think much about it. A minute later a cop pulls in behind me. Now he is less than 2 feet from my rear wheel at 45-50 mph for about a 1/2 mile. So I wave him off not thinking anything about the bikes who blew past me. Also I'm don't doing anything wrong speed limit is 45mph. Roads are damp in areas so I don't want this ass to run me over if something goes wrong. As soon as I wave him off the lights come on. I pull off the road into a parking lot. He jumps out of the car and starts screaming at me. He wants to know where my friends went and who they are. So I tell him that I donlt know what he is talking about. I take out my wallet to get out my DL and reg and he sees my badge in my wallet. He starts screaming "What just because your carry your shield I should let you go". I'm thinking to myself at this point WTF all I was doing was getting my papers out. He takes my papers and runs my plate ect. He comes back a few minutes later telling me i'm going to be ticketed for a bunch of **** if I don't give up my buddy's I was riding with. At this point I put it all together in my head. The bike that flew by me wear running from him. Here is the kicker. I only saw the other bikes for a second or two but I can tell you it was a silver CBR, blue R6 and a blue GSXR. Now the bike I was on was RED. I also was wearing a white and red leather jacket. The bikes that came by all had on t-shirts. So I tell him a few bikes flew past me but I was not with them nor do I know who they are. I'm told that i'm full of $hit and he has me on tape running with them. So me being pissed off that he has endangered my life by tailgating me and just him being a a$$hole I told him I want to see the tape on his mvr. He just walks away from me and sits in his car. later he comes back with my papers and a ticket for wreckless driving since he said I was doing wheelies... God I can't wait to go to court. I'm so temped to send him a ticket for tailgating me on a highway. Where do they find these guys. On top of that I can't believe someone lets this guy have a gun. I hope they at least give him blanks. What next??

D

·
0 Posts
Oh man, you're going to have fun in court. Make sure to have them show the part of him tailgating you to the judge.

·
Registered
650 Posts
What a fcukin @sshole. Where is the professional courtesy and "innocent until proven guilty" what a fartnocker.

I hope you pwn this guy in court, what a complete @ss.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a fcukin @sshole. Where is the professional courtesy and "innocent until proven guilty" what a fartnocker.

I hope you pwn this guy in court, what a complete @ss.
THANK YOU now im not alone on the professional courtesy issue. Glad you caught that part.

D

·
0 Posts
Professional courtesy vanished long ago when PD's started to lower their standards and basically started handing anyone who walked in the door with an application a gun and badge because for some reason, this country doesn't want to pay our LEO's what they deserve.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Professional courtesy vanished long ago when PD's started to lower their standards and basically started handing anyone who walked in the door with an application a gun and badge because for some reason, this country doesn't want to pay our LEO's what they deserve.

I cant agree more...

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
have fun with that please keep us informed.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
That sucks. I am sure that video will clear you. Keep us inform.....

·
Registered
483 Posts
you should see cops in my country...but definitely you should not let this guy walk away. No one says he should recognize bikes instantly (lord knows, before i got into bikes they all looked the same to me) but common curteousy, being polite and asking nicely and checking your facts is something all cops should do. I'm sure if he pulled you over nicely and asked for any info from you because those guys were running from the police you would have helped him.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Wow, lol.

As far as your question goes, though I know it is facetious, no, they cant be colorblind. I only know this because I cannot be a police officer because I am colorblind. I wanted to be a cop since I was a kid, too. Then around 18 years old I found out that it was a lost cause.

Anyways, sucks man. Oh well, its kinda like a shitty parent. Shows you how NOT to be when you pull over someone else.

As far as professional courtesy, screw that. I think if a cop gets pulled over in his/her civilian ride, they should be ticketed just like a civilian would. Why should cops get away with anything that I cant get away with?

I know you weren't doing anything wrong, and I hope everything goes good for you in court and you make that cop look like a tard. The above was just a small rant.

·
Registered
640 Posts
you should see cops in my country...but definitely you should not let this guy walk away. No one says he should recognize bikes instantly (lord knows, before i got into bikes they all looked the same to me) but common curteousy, being polite and asking nicely and checking your facts is something all cops should do. I'm sure if he pulled you over nicely and asked for any info from you because those guys were running from the police you would have helped him.
I agree. Make a complaint about his behaviour! I'm serious about this. Don't let him get away with being an *******. Ask to see his superior(I think you call them sherrifs in the USA), and make a complaint. Tell him the exact story you just posted.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I really hope you go to court and make a complete a$$hat out of this Faktard. Especially since you know EXACTLY how it works, do it for those of us that would have just been screwed in this situation

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
what county was he from?

around here (winslow/gloucester area) i've been pulled over like 5 times in the past 4 years but not ticketed (in my car). all because it SEEMED like I was gonna pass on a double yellow, or it SEEMED like I was speeding or it seemed like a good time for a "routine" stop.

its funny how when I have people cut me off and nearly kill me or people tailgating me there's never one around when I'm on the bike

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
I will always say this....F.T.P.

I have yet to meet a good cop in the Philly/NJ area. You guys should have seen the latest one who went into my MSF class, I can deal w/crazy, irate cops but this dude took the cake. When he crashed hard during his exam a little part of me felt like it was rightfully justified haha.

Now if karma could just even out the cop to biker score a little faster I think we'd all much be happier people.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I bet the Tape will Mysteriously disappear.

So ten its your word against his....Those never turn out good.
At least you a cop as well...Maybe this will be a better situation for you than the rest of us.
Thats a real rock right here.

I would have made him call someone else and show you the tape on the spot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats eerie... same thing happened to me last Wednesday, but didn't get pulled over.

I was heading down a surface street in Boca Raton when a Palm Beach Sheriff came flying up behind me. He then put his car about 8 feet from my rear bumper doing 50mph (speed limit). I made sure to keep my speed steady... he stayed right up my a$$ for about a mile and a half, then pulled up beside me, he pulled about a car length in front of me in the left lane, and proceeded to speed up, and slow down, all the while staying pretty much 8 feet to the front and left of me.

I was honestly hand on the brake, ready to stop at a moments notice cuz it seriously felt like this dude was playing "chicken" with me.

I don't get it... he musta had a run-in with some "runners" and was pissed at all bikers in general. It sucks being f**cked with by a cop, even moreso when you're doing nothing wrong.

Hope all works out for you in court duke.
A.N.T.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A lot of the cops in NJ lack common sense. Would it make sense for you to be going just as fast if you were running with the other bikers? Why would you slow down enough for the police to catch up, let alone pull you over?

Good luck in court. I hope this guy makes a fool of himself, and gets reprimanded for his actions.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
im not a cop but make sure he didnt turn that mvr off before he confronted you. because thats when he said i got you on tape. if that parts absent from court it could be a little hssle

1 - 20 of 39 Posts