Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw this out there and see if any of you guys ride with,have , or know people with "metric cruisers" ??

reason I'm asking is that I need a set of risers an/or t-bars and was wondering if you guys could ask around to see if anybody has them for sale...

I used to use Delphi forums but it seems it's really slow on there now.

Winter project has started.....LOL.

This is what it was

And this is where it's at as of now..... Parts ready to be shipped to my brother in VA. for a fresh new paint job!

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
I've ridden with some cruiser guys before. Kinna fun. They just putt putt around looking at the scenery, enjoying life and the fact that they are on a bike. But I will admit after a while I became board after a while and needed to get some speed going and hit a few twisties. I caught up with them about a 1/2 hour later. :) What color are you going to get her painted? I'll ask a friend of mine that rides a cruiser to see if he has anything you need. :)

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks NH !!! I appreciate that....

as for the color, in 2003 the Honda VTX1800 came out with a color that I think is called Uranium Green.(I love that color)..it has a slight yellow pearl to it so I was thinking of adding some pearl yellow flames on top of the green..... Thats just an idea I have...I just give my brother my idea and then he flows with it... to be honest , theres really no way of knowing what its gonna look like...I can tell my bro I want a green bike with yellow flames and when I get it back he will give me a black bike with candy green flames....LOL...we're just funny like that!

But this is sort of the paint scheme I was thinking of going with, not these colors but the paint job its self.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the color...... If I'm not mistaken,honda brought this color back in 2004 and put it on the 919 and offered it in matte uranium also.. Pictures are nice but you have to see this color up close in the sun to appreciate it..... Green is my favorite color so I'm a little biast torwards green anyway.....lol

but like I said this is just an idea I have...theres no telling what I will actually do till the project gets further along.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is that a honda shadow ace??? i dont ride with em cuz i gotta keep it in like 2nd gear the whole time..lol..just feels weird...keep us posted with some pics when its done.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I ride with whoever wants to ride. Yeah, I have a few cruiser ridn buds. They know I go on ahead, and then I pull over and wait. Sometimes I will let them get out ahead and create a vacuum going by them, but its all fun, and understood.

·
Registered
500 Posts
me and my co-workers rider so its a mix of sportbikes and cruisers. i dont particularly like riding with cruisers just because they tend to ride at slower speeds and its uncomfortable on a sportbike.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
honestly I don't know anyone w/a cruiser all of the people I know who ride have sportbikes.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
loewer600 said:
Is that a honda shadow ace??? i dont ride with em cuz i gotta keep it in like 2nd gear the whole time..lol..just feels weird...keep us posted with some pics when its done.

yeah it's a 95 ACE 1100......

To the others that replied...I don't care why you do or don't ride with cruisers.......the reason I asked is because I need some parts.....

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
I LOVE that green color! Sweet. My idea would be to paint it a green that is almost black and then have someone paint "ghost" flames of almost the same color. My Dad did that on his 36' Ford and it looks unbelievably sweet!

I'll call my buddy today Spank and see what he might have. He also works at RC Components. He may have what you're looking for.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Did once.....and they were some sick fukers...!!! Prob. rode a total of 250 miles with em. Sh*t....on the way back we were coming from Unadilla ny(ama supercross races) taking route 206 home and I passed this guy on some kind of yamama street cruiser (nice paint & fat rear tire) on a long sweeping righthander @ 130!!!! One of the best rides yet, cuz everyone knew how to ride. Plus we had a state trooper in our pack, so no heat from the fuzz.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i rode with some SLLOOOWWW cruisers and will nvr do it again. they were dangerously slow (im not kidding) and gave us crap for going flow of traffic on the freeway. it wasnt enough that we just stayed in the slow lane. they wanted to SLOW the freeway down! if u ask me, the people i was riding with were MORE hazardous than my buddies and I ever were

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NotHizRR said:
I LOVE that green color! Sweet. My idea would be to paint it a green that is almost black and then have someone paint "ghost" flames of almost the same color. My Dad did that on his 36' Ford and it looks unbelievably sweet!

I'll call my buddy today Spank and see what he might have. He also works at RC Components. He may have what you're looking for.
Thanks Again.....and yeah, I haven actually thought of doing the ghost flames...the only reason I'm debating it ,is because everybody and their mothers out here that have custom paint has ghost flames....but I'll fill you guys in as it moves along.....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I've ridden with some harley sportsters. By the end of the day they were both thinking about trading in their bikes for some sportbikes. They were prety young, my age (22-24). The sportsters are pretty cool.

Other than that no... I don't know about you guys but non-sportbikes hardly even wave to me. I gave up on them a long time ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts