Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a new member on 600RR.net & just pick one up last night...

wondering does anyone wear glasses under there helmet ??

if you do.. do you buy plastic once or the daily metal frame once??

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I sometimes wear my glasses under my helmet. I have friends who wear plastic and metal frame prescription glasses under their helmets and they all work fine. Mine though, are an athletic frame that have rubber coated metal frame, so they dont bend or some ****. They work just fine.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
When using the dark smoke face shield on my helmet sometimes I end up going from day riding to night. When that happens I take out my Scorpion glasses with clear lenses/plastic frames. That way I still have some protection with the face shield up. Otherwise when I have the clear shield on, I don't bother with the glasses. I used to wear sunglasses under the clear face shield, but not anymore since getting the dark smoke shield. Gateway Safety Inc. makes some cool glasses for affordable prices. I picked up a pair from Harbor Freight for $5.

http://www.gatewaysafety.com/products.asp?CategoryID=1

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
RMH77, how are you liking the contacts and helmet ordeal? doesn't the air going into the helmet with the visor up bother em? i've always worn glasses, and always thought contacts would dry up quickly if i rode around with the visor up when it gets hot.

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
KhMeRGuY978 said:
RMH77, how are you liking the contacts and helmet ordeal? doesn't the air going into the helmet with the visor up bother em? i've always worn glasses, and always thought contacts would dry up quickly if i rode around with the visor up when it gets hot.
Its not bad but it sucks when you go through dust because it all goes in your helmet and stick to your contacts. I wear my contacts all the time when i ride because i bent the sh!t outta my really nice perscription sunglasses.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
jaxx4k...welcome! :beer:

i've been goin' with the oakley rx glasses & sunglasses with metal frames, & haven't had any issues. Depending on the style you get, some offer a wider peripheral field of vision (what they call "xyz optics").

Ride well...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Avoid metal frames and glass lenses for sure. They are dangerous for your eyes in a possible wreck. You should wear impact resistant safety glasses like those featured in the link provided above.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i used to use my glasses about 2 years ago, but i find that with contacts i see much clearer!

·
Registered
396 Posts
i ride with glasses underneath the helmet but i am gonna switch to contacts. it gets a little annoying having to manage the extra eyewear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
KhMeRGuY978 said:

I dont have any problems visior up or down.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
James06CBR said:
Avoid metal frames and glass lenses for sure. They are dangerous for your eyes in a possible wreck. You should wear impact resistant safety glasses like those featured in the link provided above.
yea i know metal frame is no good.. thats why im wondering what does people use.. i guess im gonna go check out some plastic frame glasses for ridding..

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I wear my normal RX glasses (metal frames)
came somebody explain why they would be dangerous in a crash? if your helmet fits right your glasses aren't going to break unless the helmet is crushed in, in which case your pretty much f'ed anyway
i've had 3 significant crashes (on the track, not street) all while wearing my everyday glasses and have never had an issue

i'm getting the lasik done this winter though, so no more glasses hehe

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've ridden with glasses and contacts. Because of my bad vision, my peripherals are quite distorted, so having contacts are better. They don't dry up with the visor up. The only thing with glasses is that you have to take them off every time you either put on the helmet or take it off.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
looks like im gonna order me some contacts. i'd much rather prefer contacts because its a hassle to take em on and off for the whole putting on helmet ordeal.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts