Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Do you ride with earplugs, music, rider communication, or naked!

• My ears are naked!!!

Votes: 91 34.6%
  • Give me some tunes (dah dah dah)

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Finger in the ear (earplugs)

Votes: 38 14.4%
  • Wassssssup?! (Rider communication system)

Votes: 13 4.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing various discussions on what riders keep (or don't keep) in their ears when riding. I understand the benefits of wearing special earplugs to lower the dp to help protect your ears. I understand the desire to be able to communicate with other riders/passenger via communication systems on group rides. I understand how people want to incorporate their love of music with riding as well. I can also understand a rider wanting none of the above for reasons of hating things in their ears or for the simple matter of wanting to hear as much as they can. This poll is to identify how people prefer to ride most often. I understand there are occasions for everything (i.e. group rides they wear communication systems), but select which one best describes your most common rides. A reason behind your choice would be nice too (like I like my ears and want to be able to hear when I am 60 that's why I wear earplugs).

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I wear earplugs. Hearing is cool, I want to be able to do it in the future. I can't listen to music while I ride. If I do, the bike starts making wierd high rev sounds and the speedo goes past 120. Odd...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wear earplugs. Hearing is cool, I want to be able to do it in the future. I can't listen to music while I ride. If I do, the bike starts making wierd high rev sounds and the speedo goes past 120. Odd...
LOL...yes, this is true and then it makes it that much harder to hear the sirens blaring behind you!

·
Registered
580 Posts
ear plugs on a ride longer than an hour-they help with concentration levels also..

·
Registered
162 Posts
After riding for almost 20 years and suffering hearing issues due to it...I always use ear plugs now.
My ears are naked, but after reading that post, I plan on wearing some ear plugs now.

·
Premium Member - BOTM 02/2010
1,540 Posts
it depends what kind of riding i'm doing.. longer rides, give me the tunes, one ear plug only most of the time.

if i'm just out finding some new roads, i like to hear my exhaust

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
many years riding, never rode with music, earplugs and up until a year or so ago... never a helmet!
ive read posts about hearing damage in a few threads with a helmet, i never used plugs without a helmet for an obscene amount of time/miles and my hearing is still just as tuned!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I ride with nothing right now. However, I plan on using ear plugs in the future.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I ride w/earplugs. The one time that I rode w/music, I totalled my bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i ride with my iPod on every ride, just have the volume turned down to a level where i can still here my bike and whats going on around me. makes sitting in traffic a lot better!

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
the motor makes sweet music to me.

you can hear better with the ear plugs in and your ears don't ring all night. Anytime you hear ringing in your ears you are doing damage.

You can use a communication system with earplugs. The Scala rider is very loud.

When I started wearing ear plugs the very first thing I noticed is that I could actually hear my bike and the surroundings a lot better with that wind noise filtered out.

The second thing I noticed was that I was a lot less distracted mentally and could focus a lot better.

The third thing I noticed was that the next time I tried riding without ear plugs, the wind noise was so loud it actually hurt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If its a long ride on the highway I'll throw on some tunes because at those speeds you can't hear much anyway. Around town I gotta keep my ears naked to listen for any hazards.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I currently ride naked. i have listened to music once in a blue moon. To be honest im a little fearful of listening to music, its not about not hearing the danger its about the distraction of the music. I guess i just get into my music too much lol.

Though after reading this i am gonna try some ear plugs...

·
Registered
273 Posts
i love riden with music. well that was until my stupid good for nothing ex room mate stole both my ipods. now i ride naked but will be riden soon with a new ipod for sure. i like the ride more with tunes

1 - 20 of 66 Posts