Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Do motorcycle racers get paid enough?

• Rossi's 35million is plenty enough.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • They get paid too much.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • The sport is too small to pay them more.

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • No! They should get paid billions!!!

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think so, but I want to see what everyone else thinks...

The reason I dont think they make enough is because the best rider in the world/GOAT only makes about 35million on a year.

There are plenty of average athletes that make the same amount of money.

Some boxers make that much or more in 1 fight. Ryan Scheckler made 22mill last year. And lets not forget about the soccor players.

Rossi and Spies make bank, I'm not aruging that. I just think they should be making more what they do.

Am I alone?

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Rossi is an exception...I doubt any other racer makes that kind of money...with that said, it think ALL SPORTS are over paid to an extent... no "ONE ATHLETE " is worth ridiculous amounts of money, if their making the money through endorsements, thats fine...but when you make deals like in Baseball when they signed A-Rod to that multi million dollar contract, i think it's ridiculous , no one man is worth that in the midst of his teammates...without the rest of the team, your nothing....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ok dude.. read up on your sports.. the majority of athletes dont get 35 a year.. its like 60 over a certain amount of time.. woods made 100 in one year, one of the largest amounts ever made by an athlete, but 60% of that came from advertising sponsers like nike. Boxing, its all advertising. TV revenue. the majoryity of NFL player salyers comes from money the leauge give the teams for advertising revenues. 35 millioin in one year is a lot. Especally seeing how theres practically no advertising for the sport. (compared to MLB,NFL,BOXING)...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
ALL over paid. The people who deserve the money are those who are researching and treating major disease that are still killing us today. I feel my life and my transplant would have been better had the proper money been invested in medical research versus ball players and bike racers just to name a couple. The decision is fact, OVER PAID.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
A man is worth what someone is willing to pay him for the skills that he has. The reason athletes get paid so much is because they have exceptional skills.

The supply of world class athletes is very low. The demand to see them is very high. The way we know this is the case is by the amount of money spent each year at racetracks, on TV packages, merchandise, etc. Thus, they are paid what they deserve. Just like you are paid $X dollars an hour for your job. That is the going rate, based upon the amount of people with those skills relative to the demand for those skills.

When someone says that someone else is overpaid, the question to them is: why aren't you doing what they are doing then? Would you not rather be overpaid? The answer, obviously, is because they cannot. Which comes right back to the point...low supply.

So, do I think they are overpaid? No. Do I think they are underpaid? No. I think they are paid what they are worth.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
ALL over paid. The people who deserve the money are those who are researching and treating major disease that are still killing us today. I feel my life and my transplant would have been better had the proper money been invested in medical research versus ball players and bike racers just to name a couple. The decision is fact, OVER PAID.
Doctors are paid quite well relative to their supply and relative to the risk that they take. The fact is, a lot more money goes into R&D and Healthcare than into athletics.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think athletes are way over paid in general. It is just another type of entertainment. They are not curing diseases, or fusing the atom.

Those guys are getting paid fortune for something they do for fun. When was the last time did you get paid to play?!

But, here in America, we tend to to almost worship celebrities and athletes.

·
Registered
594 Posts
its more about the popularity of the sport. sorry but motorcycling isnt that big in america as it is in europe and asia.

i think rappers and retarded celebrities are overpaid. at least athletes have skills.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Fawk the athletes. Overpaid bastards. I'm not from the States or Europe, but I'm going to voice my opinion anyway. I don't get why they are paid so much. It's retarded ********. Why can't the people who cure diseases get paid more? Look at the people in healthcare. We need them much, much more than we need athletes that are plastered on TV. What about the people that fight to protect our freedoms? I served for my country. You know how much they paid me to go overseas and risk my life for these fuckin' athletes? $35K/year after my last promotion for three years and two tours. Or how about they at least cut their salaries by 90% and use the money to fix the crap economy that is shadowing most of the world? Retarded.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Screw that, those diseases keep the human race in check when nothing else will, without them we will overpopulate the planet in a heart beat! Natural Selection FTW!! I'm tired of 5MPH traffic and jam packed public locations!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I'm tired of stupid people. The previous post is an example of when the stupid try to think.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts