Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I very rarely use 6th... I dont think Ive used it for at least three months and I ride quite a bit. The only time I use 6th is when I go over 90 for any significant distance... Just recently, I stopped using 5th too... Is this not good? It feels better to me, with more torque and better braking when I need it.

Side note question: How fast can you go in 2nd? Sometimes I find myself in riding in 2nd on the freeway going 60+ when the traffic is heavy... And 3rd? I broke 100 the other day getting on the freeway on a long onramp... I was pretty surprised.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ceph said:
6th, hell i'm constantly looking for 7th.
i agree, haha this sprocket is killin my gas milage :) worth it tho

·
Registered
615 Posts
Toe said:
our bike has gears?
man...no wonder i can only go 70
lol, learn something new everyday :) you have to program your bike to use the gears though, so you have rev it to redline hold it , snap it in first gear and let outta the clutch really fast and you then have unlocked all 6 gears! have fun!

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i want a 7th gear on my RR!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I always try to shift to 7th gear........Pisses me off. I think the guy I bought my bike from lied to me.

ON a side note if I am cruising at a constant speed (anything above 60) I use 6th gear. Afraid to do the 520 conversion because with Gas rising I will start to rethink that the bike is cheaper on gas.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Warp_Speed said:
MCN has officially reported that the 07 CBR will come w/ a 7th gear.
yea but what about the flux capacitor?????

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i use 1st gear 0 to 20...2nd gear 20 to 30 so on a so forth.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts