Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen threads about what brand of fuel everyone uses but what about the actual pumps? I would think that if you used a single line pump after someone who put in 83 oct you would get like a half gallon of the 83 in your premium. Any info on this? I try to use pumps that have dedicated lines to each grade.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm the same as you and try to use pumps with dedicated lines, especially in my Evo. But at the end of the day I'd bet it really doesn't matter, and we're way over thinking this.

·
Registered
588 Posts
With such small tanks it can make a difference, I like to let the tank get low or let someone else go first so i get the most 93 I can

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't work at a gas station or anything so don't quote me but I was told the pump actually sucks the gas left into the line back. Due to strict emission rules they are not allowed to keep fuel in the hoses. Therefore it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What's more aggravating is some of the newer pumps. Stopped at a brand new Chevron station and the pump had two speeds... off and firehose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's more aggravating is some of the newer pumps. Stopped at a brand new Chevron station and the pump had two speeds... off and firehose.
:lol: I know exactly what you're talking about. I try and 'cup' it with my hand so i don't splash fuel all over my tank.

Also, I run low(er) octane fuel. 89 is the lowest they sell around here, and i've never had a problem with it, so no worries for me

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
whats more, is that any of you who dont own a 07 or newer are wasting money running higher octane fuel

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Dedicated pumps? I can't recall the last time I've seen those out here. Probably more expensive to manufacture, maintain and all that noise too.

I accidentally filled up on 87 a couple of tanks ago, ended up having to burn through half of it at the track too, and it was fine.

Not something I'm going to make a habit of though.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hard to find dedicated pumps around anymore.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I thought about asking about this time after time! I wanna hear if its real that pumps with one line suck the 87 back up or not. I always go to the shell by my house with dedicated lines

·
Registered
416 Posts
87,89,93 here

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
You guys worry too much about the gas lol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts