Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have known for quite some time that the RR is my next bike. however, as i mature i realize how fast i have been riding on the streets. now flame if you want, but i LOVE riding fast, not reckless fast, just fast enough to piss off the popo only.

so it has come to light, that i think if i got the RR i wouldn't want to slow down...EVER. LOL

so my question is simple, does this sweet machine make you want to ride it fast ALL the time?

if so, i dunno man, i want the RR, but i might get the rc51 to slow me down a bit.... :twisted:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Once you realize you have been riding fast you are about half way to slowing down. I am still trying to slow down. It is usually on the freeway that I like to "cruise" a little fast. Depending on the day and the mood. I Love how it opens up in higher rpms. So nice to feel it pulling. The Rc51 isnt going to slow you down. It is a 1K bike. It will only slow you down in the corners if you dont know how to ride it. Its a tank on 2 wheels as some have said.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What?

Yeah.

But how does the RC51 make you go slower? It's got more a lot more torque and a little more horsies???

·
Registered
10 Posts
The RR is made for the track, and the fun RPMs are way up there at 10k+. Once you reach those RPM's you're likely already going too fast for the street. The bike does make you want to go faster. There is no way to ride any 600SS on the street at max potential and not get yourself into trouble, or your license revoked. The solution is to take it to the track.

Getting a more powerful bike isn't the answer, but an RC has more usable torque at street speed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I take the backroads a little quicker than I used to on my old vstrom, warrior, etc. but I still 'cruise' on it and mostly just accelerate like a bastard, not maintain a high speed.

H

·
0 Posts
Here is the bottom line...a sportbike is a sportbike is a sportbike...you are going to ride it fast...i do ~70 to 80 in my truck on the highway....and on the bike that raises to about 90...maybe faster with the right conditions...and that is not an aggressive ride...that is me cruising...if i wanted to putt putt around i would buy a chopper or get a convertable.....or something like that...i would not get a sportbike...the RC51 will not slow you down...no sportbike will....the trick here is to ride responsible...and yes you can ride fst and be responsible....i.e. on the open road where you have good visibility...personally i never ride fast or aggressive when i cannot see what is coming ahead i.e twisties with blind corners...$hit like that gets you killed...i know a lot of people who have been banged up or killed hitting blind turns too fast....

the bottom line here is that if you are on a sport bike you are going to ride fast...just do it when there is less traffic and obstructions....i hate seeing people dip through traffic at 90...they are asking to die and kill other people....jsut use your head when you ride fast...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
homerjay4242 said:
Here is the bottom line...a sportbike is a sportbike is a sportbike...you are going to ride it fast...i do ~70 to 80 in my truck on the highway....and on the bike that raises to about 90...maybe faster with the right conditions...and that is not an aggressive ride...that is me cruising...if i wanted to putt putt around i would buy a chopper or get a convertable.....or something like that...i would not get a sportbike...the RC51 will not slow you down...no sportbike will....the trick here is to ride responsible...and yes you can ride fst and be responsible....i.e. on the open road where you have good visibility...personally i never ride fast or aggressive when i cannot see what is coming ahead i.e twisties with blind corners...$hit like that gets you killed...i know a lot of people who have been banged up or killed hitting blind turns too fast....

the bottom line here is that if you are on a sport bike you are going to ride fast...just do it when there is less traffic and obstructions....i hate seeing people dip through traffic at 90...they are asking to die and kill other people....jsut use your head when you ride fast...
+1

aggressive riding, there's only one place for that... THE TRACK... ride like that anywhere else and it's like playing blackjack. sometimes you win, but most of the time the house will take you...

·
Registered
140 Posts
dviii said:
so my question is simple, does this sweet machine make you want to ride it fast ALL the time? :twisted:

My answer, "is a fat dog heavy?", "is a frogs a$$ watertight?", "does a squirrel climb trees?"

Seriously though, I just don't realize part of the time how fast I am going. Not on purpose.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have known for quite some time that the RR is my next bike. however, as i mature i realize how fast i have been riding on the streets. now flame if you want, but i LOVE riding fast, not reckless fast, just fast enough to piss off the popo only.

so it has come to light, that i think if i got the RR i wouldn't want to slow down...EVER. LOL

so my question is simple, does this sweet machine make you want to ride it fast ALL the time?

if so, i dunno man, i want the RR, but i might get the rc51 to slow me down a bit....

Why is it your goal to piss off the police??? That doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I try to ride responsibly, but there are occasions when I look down and I'm going pretty fast!! It's amazing how fast these things pick up when your not looking at the speedometer, heh heh :twisted: Out of sight, out of mind, I guess!

·
Registered
203 Posts
homerjay4242 said:

+2
I think I know what you mean though. Long open bendy highways do tend to make the speeds creep up without you realizing it. Sometimes When it opens up in front of me it feels like a powerful magnet is pulling me forward down the road. The bike just feels better and better above 65. Usually when I start coming up on another pack of vehicles or am passing the stray vehicle a bit too rapidly I put myself in check. Also when I look down and find myself cruising at 80+ that paranoia of mortal and financial self preservation kicks in. All of a sudden I can imagine a doughnut grazer just around the corner or a deer just beyond the treeline waiting for me. That tends to slow me back down. That' the whole discipline with these bikes. Regulating your natural tendencies with a cool head and appropriate action.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EXACTLY what i mean BKLYN-RR.

so essentially anything you ride you will push up there. I'm curious how much better the RR is at making you want to do this....LOL

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i haven't riden other sportbikes, but from i understand the rr is less twichy then most. therefore, the rider would have a greater sense of security and control at higher speeds.

NOTE: the key phrase is "the rider would have a greater sense" this does not imply there is greater security or control at higher speeds... this is something i can not stress enough.

oh yeah, dviii, the RR doesn't make me do anything... I make myself do things on the RR... ;-)

·
Registered
584 Posts
It depends on how you look at it. I Rarely ever come close to breaking the speed limit since I have gotten a little older now. I do however enjoy short shifting out of 1st at around 5k and then giving her hell in second but only up to about 60 or so just to feel it come on power a bit, I love that feeling. Other than that, not even close. I may do 5 over on the highway. Just like all my toys, if I want to go fast, I take it too the track. My insurance is too cheap now to play with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts