Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my bike for like three months. Been practicing and I feel confident I can ride safely. Some friends of mine from work ride without tags and have been pressuring me to due the same. Since I do not have the money to get my tags yet, I hate being a broke college student. My question is do any of you guys ride without tags?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
dont be stupid! if you dont have the money for tags now...
what happens when you get caught and have to pay the ticket plus getting the tags to keep your bike legal?
youll end up spending more then what you cant afford now for tags.
since you dont have tags, im gonna assume you dont have insurance either? bad ju-ju mang.
be smart, and be patient. dont get pressured by your stupid friends! cause if you do, it will eventually catch up to you and bite you in the as$!

werd.

·
Registered
324 Posts
terrible idea
Any cop that gets behind you will definitely pull you over. Then your bike gets towed and you are a lot further in the hole. Thats about the easiest offense to spot. If you have an old motorcycle plate you could probably get away with it

If you want tow truck fees and fines then go ahead it won't be long before your caught

·
Registered
324 Posts
dont be stupid! if you dont have the money for tags now...
what happens when you get caught and have to pay the ticket plus getting the tags to keep your bike legal?
youll up spending more then what cant afford now for tags.
since you dont have tags, im gonna assume you dont have insurance either? bad ju-ju mang.
be smart, and be patient. dont get pressured by your stupid friends!

werd.

ahhhhh you beat me to it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I have insurance, and a license. Just no tags, I would have had enough money but I bought all my gear and an integrated taillight since the bike had no rear turn signals.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
well, my suggestion is to not do it. but to each, their own.

if you think you can do it and get away with it...go on with your badself.
if you dont get caught, then youre one lucky sob...and go buy yourself a lotto ticket. =o)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not going to do it, it was just seeing the bikes around that gives me that urge to hope on the beast. But I think I might go get me a Lotto ticket, who knows. Thanks for the input peeps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Slaps said it best. Don't ever let peer pressure affect your decision making. Save your dough and do things the right way. You'll feel a lot better on the road knowing you're completely legit. I was on the same level with my insurance. I didn't want to ride on the road until I got it. Patience my friend...patience.

·
Registered
150 Posts
friend of mine rode without tags all the time... until a state trooper tried to pull him over, he thought it was a better idea to run rather than pull over. he was caught and went to jail for felony eluding and his bike went to bike jail.

·
Moto GSpizzle
7,778 Posts
well i dont suggest riding without tags, but im just sayin...

only about 15% of bikers here ride with plates on and i hardly ever hear of anyone getting pulled over for it. well i dont know if its because they run or what but its rare to hear. haha

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just go to your local dmv and get a temporary registration card, the same thing they give you when you first buy a bike from a dealer. Then you either have a)30 days to come up with the money to register it, or b)have 30 days until you can fill out a new temp. card.

I highly advise you go with option A.

-Eric

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
If you don't have tags, your are on the road illegaly, if you are on the road illegaly, your insurance won't cover you..

STUPID MOVE

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
my DMV doesn't hand out said cards. only thing you can get is a temp card with the months number on it, and if that's what you're refering to they only give it to you after you pay the reg fee. like if a car is still pending for smog, or if a bike is pending for a brake/light check. i think the dealer has those cards because they technically collect the fee for the dmv when they sell the bike. the contract should have a DMV fee line in the price break up.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have had my bike for like three months. Been practicing and I feel confident I can ride safely. Some friends of mine from work ride without tags and have been pressuring me to due the same. Since I do not have the money to get my tags yet, I hate being a broke college student. My question is do any of you guys ride without tags?
do you walk into a bank waving a gun in the air???
if the cool kids did it would you??
and if i jumped off the cliff would you follow me???

the answer to all those questions are the answer to this question that your asking us.
DONT DO IT!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts