Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On any model RR? I haven't seen them except for maybe on like 2 bikes, and really like it. Any ideas why they aren't as out there... as say a yoshi pipe or even any other pipe?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yoshi is a established company that has been around for a LONG time. Toce is a bit newer, guess thats why you dont see them that often. Were I live I see them here and there. What year is your bike?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Yes people have them. I've mainly seen them on 07+, not sure if they fit other years or not. I think from the reviews that the few have given about how loud they are people might be looking for something quieter and with a more classic pitch than loud and gutteral. To each their own though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
420 Posts
If they made a full exhaust with carbon pipes then I would be interested. I do think they look cool.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a TOCE on my 09 Phoenix and I love it, I paid extra to get the mid pipe powder coated black, no issues yet. It is very good quality, also its loud when you first get it but once you get used to it, its not bad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
460 Posts
Don't get a loud pipe. You might get used to it, but your neighbors and the general public won't. You aren't helping motorcyclists case, and loud pipes don't save lives (learn to ride).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't get a loud pipe. You might get used to it, but your neighbors and the general public won't. You aren't helping motorcyclists case, and loud pipes don't save lives (learn to ride).
Do you have factual evidence for that claim? Didn't think so.

What a narrow minded person you must be to make a judgement about his riding ability based on his choice of pipe, infact, not even a choice, a question about a pipe he may be considering.

He shouldn't have to make his choice of pipe because of his neighbours or the general public, there are many bikes on the street with louder exhausts, Harleys with 'Screamin' Eagles' pipes. V-Twins etc are all much louder. I don't live to please anyone except myself, and I don't think I should have too. If i'm abiding by the law then i'll do whatever the hell I want to my bike, because it's mine and not anyone elses.

Reactions: T.DotRR

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've seen them on a few bikes. I like how they look. Loud pipes save lives!! Doesn't mean you can't ride. Ppl bashin ain't cool. To each there own there buddy. I hate when ppl don't have any good input on threads but have something to say.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
If i'm abiding by the law then i'll do whatever the hell I want to my bike, because it's mine and not anyone elses.
Modifying the emissions system of a motor vehicle is illegal technically if you look through the service manual. So you're breaking the law if you modify the exhaust for non race purposes big guy.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
jersey CBR shame on you!

that selfish, juvenile attitude, is what every a-hole with a loud pipe thinks.........

cagers aint gonna hear you, so the "safety" argument is DOA

Loud pipes are useless attention getters.........why broadcast the news to all that you are going 10krpm in 3rd on a public road? .....and are usually the favorite of "short term" riders.......who want their bikes loud so "people will see me".

BTW, LEO's love loud bikes........

ps been riding motos for about 45+years and loud streetbikes stopped being cool when i was about 9-10 yrs old.......and they are still uncool now!

·
Registered
95 Posts
jersey CBR shame on you!

that selfish, juvenile attitude, is what every a-hole with a loud pipe thinks.........

cagers aint gonna hear you, so the "safety" argument is DOA

Loud pipes are useless attention getters.........why broadcast the news to all that you are going 10krpm in 3rd on a public road? .....and are usually the favorite of "short term" riders.......who want their bikes loud so "people will see me".

BTW, LEO's love loud bikes........

ps been riding motos for about 45+years and loud streetbikes stopped being cool when i was about 9-10 yrs old.......and they are still uncool now!
So i guess your a physcoligist because you obviously know what runs through my head. Your completely wrong. I have a two bros cause i love the sound for my self. My bike sounds like an F1 car and it gives me tingles every time i.open it up. Also i think if you've been riding motocross for 40 years you've lost the privilege to determine what is cool 20 years ago.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Modifying the emissions system of a motor vehicle is illegal technically if you look through the service manual. So you're breaking the law if you modify the exhaust for non race purposes big guy.

That law is dependant on where you live no? There is no worldwide law stating such as far as I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tary Pressier:

I'm an a-hole because I run a loud pipe? Oh how inconsiderate of me. Get off your high horse buddy.

If I lived my life how you, or anyone else wanted me to I wouldn't be happy. But I don't, and I stopped giving a damn about others opinions of me and my choices when I realised I have my own life to live and you have yours.

Live and let live.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Federal Law states that as long as the sound level has to be below 84Db at 7800 RPM's. But let's be honest, no cop is going to be able to tell how high your RPM's are or the exact sound level.

·
Registered
804 Posts
ps been riding motos for about 45+years and loud streetbikes stopped being cool when i was about 9-10 yrs old.......and they are still uncool!

Right, sorry didnt realize you were ambassador to all things "cool". You do realise even "loud" is a relative term correct? Define a "quiet" streetbike for me, because i highly doubt your definition is exactly in line with anyone who hears a sport bike ride by. Just because you dont find something "cool", doesnt mean the dude next to you feels the same, nor does it make your opinion(see that's what it is) any better or hold anymore weight

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
Do you have factual evidence for that claim? Didn't think so.

What a narrow minded person you must be to make a judgement about his riding ability based on his choice of pipe, infact, not even a choice, a question about a pipe he may be considering.

He shouldn't have to make his choice of pipe because of his neighbours or the general public, there are many bikes on the street with louder exhausts, Harleys with 'Screamin' Eagles' pipes. V-Twins etc are all much louder. I don't live to please anyone except myself, and I don't think I should have too. If i'm abiding by the law then i'll do whatever the hell I want to my bike, because it's mine and not anyone elses.
Oh bullsh1t. I consider my neighbors in everything that I do. And loud pipes annoy. Everyone needs to learn to ride better, including you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Oh bullsh1t. I consider my neighbors in everything that I do. And loud pipes annoy. Everyone needs to learn to ride better, including you.
Power to you, I'm not willing to let my neighbours define my choice though. Arrogant, stubborn, ignorant, whatever I may be, that won't change. Annoying it may be, but we all have to put up with crap we don't like in our lives, that's a part of life.

I agree everyone needs to learn to ride better, none of us will ever stop learning to ride, it's an ongoing learning curve but I don't see why it's been brought up in a thread about an individuals choice of a pipe. Not by yourself I might add.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel like most people used to do this, and I'm fairly certain now most people don't. If you carry around a "F--- my neighbors" attitude it will end up biting you in the ass.

That said, I'd rather live by a respectful rider with a full exhaust than by a punkass kid who winds out his stocker all damn day.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have a Toce on my 09 I love the sound it makes. It makes it a little more difficult not to run the rpm's up though. I also have arrow headers paired with it. Sounds amazing, it is loud though.

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 54 Posts