Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if the competition werkes fender eliminator requires drilling for installation...and does anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
No drilling required.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes actually it does require drilling but not too much. Just a couple holes on the bottom of the plastic battery box. I love how it looks though! Not a hard install.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
nickbass said:
Yes actually it does require drilling but not too much. Just a couple holes on the bottom of the plastic battery box. I love how it looks though! Not a hard install.
what he said!! it is only two holes and you have the option of another for the wires to the lights but you don't have too cut it. you can hide the wires. very easy install.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If i remember correctly i had to drill holes for the license plate bracket. Very easy install. Crapy turn signal lights.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
it may be different for the 03-04 then the 05-06. not sure

·
Registered
406 Posts
i think it is different. i have an 04 an never had to drill any holes. i really like the CW fender eliminator, it works perfectly and has a very clean lok. plus the little wheel that rolls up the plate when your shocks compress is sick!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn...that is nice...so are your rear sidemarkers drilled in, or are they hanging by the wires?

nickbass said:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You have to drill 2 holes in the Battery Tray and 2 more under the Rear cowl to route the wires for the rear signals.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
you don't have to drill any holes for the rear blinkers you can get around that. there are holes in the plates you install to run the wires through. they are held on by adhesive tape that is a pain to get off.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
What year bike do you have? On my 04, no drilling however a lot of dremeling to get it to fit with my D&D... Now I hear they make one that works with that exhaust... Oh well, never the less.

Jason

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have an 06 600rr...wheres your blinkers???

Visitor Q said:
What year bike do you have? On my 04, no drilling however a lot of dremeling to get it to fit with my D&D... Now I hear they make one that works with that exhaust... Oh well, never the less.

Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts