Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go Brands hatch and I have a 2013 CBR600RR with what I believe to be a slip on akra, I dont think its a full system, I dont really know too much on the mechanics of it all, but im afraid that i wont be able to pass the sound limit. Brandshatch website requires a noise limit of 102 dB(A) static, 92 dB(A) driveby.
does anyone have a similar year and is/or in a similar situation to me that maybe able to enlighten me on what I can do?

Thanks.

· Registered
429 Posts
You should be able to tell if you have the headers at a glance. They should be at least a little shiny and wont have a fat cat by your right foot.

For details on the exhaust you have options:
  • Reach out to Akrapovic and ask if they have dB spec
  • Test using an app, or, if a local test station can help you (without penalizing you of course)
  • Buy a dB killer and if not available you can have one made
  • Go to the track, see what happens, perhaps leave with a funny story about getting kicked of track

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
You should be able to tell if you have the headers at a glance. They should be at least a little shiny and wont have a fat cat by your right foot.

For details on the exhaust you have options:
  • Reach out to Akrapovic and ask if they have dB spec
  • Test using an app, or, if a local test station can help you (without penalizing you of course)
  • Buy a dB killer and if not available you can have one made
  • Go to the track, see what happens, perhaps leave with a funny story about getting kicked of track
Jerry rigged option - Pack some steel wool into the slip-on and secure it with bailing wire and duct tape!

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
I did that on my Hyperflo since it's held together with allen heads but aren't the Akrapovic assembled with rivets? If he's not mechanically inclined I don't want him destroying the best exhaust available for this bike 😄
Are you just trying to get banned? Everyone who's anyone knows that the Leo Vince is the absolute BEST pipe for the 600RR. :p

I have a hard time thinking for myself. I certainly can't start thinking for everyone else. All we can do is give them the information. If they're not mechanically inclined enough to use some bailing wire and duct tape I'm not sure they should even be on a bike in the first place. :LOL::LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts