Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple pics of Candy Blue RR's and like the color, but I think I like the black/silver better. I've heard a couple people say the Candy Blue looks a lot better in person, but I haven't seen any around town so I don't know. What are your opinions? I'll be ordering an '04 RR within the next couple days and need to decide on a color. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
76 Posts
When i bought my red and black RR i was sitting next to a blue one for like an hour and a half. and the longer i was there the more it looked purple.
maybe it's just me? Go with the black/silver. although the blue does look better in
person.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
the blue candy and the yellow pear both look much better in person. IMO the blue candy has a purpleish tint when a picture is taken of it. in person the purpleish tint is nonexistent. the way i would describe it is like the blue on the R6 but richer (which could be where the purple tint comes from).

if you can, i would definatly recommend going to your local dealership and looking at one. it'll be worth your time, espcially if that's the color you're thinking about getting.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any (preferably multiple of the same bike) pics of a Candy Blue and Black/Silver? My local dealership doesn't have any in stock, but they said they can track down whatever color I want and have it in within 2 days. If I do that I'll have to be set on that color though. I think I'd be happy with either, and will probably get the Black/Silver, but I'd definitely like to see pics of the blue. Is it a "metallic" color in that it changes shades/intensities with the light?

Thanks guys. :)

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I don't know if the color changed with light...I don't think so...altho I know Honda does make those types of colors...but they call them "illusion" what evers...they put them on their goldwings...the blue looks a lot better in person...but if you're not completely sure...I probably wouldn't chance it...if your dealership can get you the color you want in 2 days...you might wanna drive around to find the color you want...and then have your dealership order it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
When the '04s first came out, I was into the blue, and didn't particularly like the black/silver. But after seeing them in person, the blue didn't look as good, and the black/silver looked awesome. I'd like to trade in my red/black '03 for a black/silver '04.

C

·
0 Posts
100% better in person. The website does it no justice. I hated it until I saw it in person. Think it is a great color now. Not better than red and black of course.

·
Registered
84 Posts
CorleoneRR said:
100% better in person. The website does it no justice. I hated it until I saw it in person. Think it is a great color now. Not better than red and black of course.
I'm with you Corleone, looks great in person. Red/Black is still my choice though.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
dracus said:
Is it a "metallic" color in that it changes shades/intensities with the light?
no, it's a candy which means, like the yellow, the color is affected by the undercoat/primer. more than likely the primer as a subtil red or purple hue which causes the purple color when photographed. when you look at in person, in normal diffused light, the purple is nonexistant. however, if the bike is being lit by a fluresent light source it will bring out a purpleish tint.

when i bought my RR i was torn between the yellow 03 and the blue 04. i ended up getting the yellow, which i'm very happy with, instead of waiting several months for the blue to come out. however, when i saw the blue in person for the first time, for a split second, i had wished i had waited. it looks good man, you won't be disappointed with the blue. the black and silver look good to, but when it comes right down to it, it all about which one does it for you the most. i would strongly suggest you see them both in person before you make your final decision, even if it means you have to drive a little ways to do it. it's always better to see them in person.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I like that blue the more I see it in person. Color match the bottom lowers like I did with the black and it would be fantastic.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Get something flashy, go with blue, IMO it's the best 04 color. it also looks much more vibrant than the yam blue

·
Registered
146 Posts
yeap! looks 10times better in person..pictures do it no justice. i just got one so i should know. its more of a purple/blue and its sweet man..ask anyone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
definetly looks better in person. in pure daylight its look more of a royal blue, and in the garage its looks more navy in my opinion. great color, i am asked at lease once a day if its a custom color.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts