Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like im always alone out there when its raining out. sometimes sliding around in the rain is a blast. just to let you know:bootyshak

·
Registered
573 Posts
I enjoyed riding in the rain too, fun to get that rear tire broke loose around shallow turns and countersteer a bit.

As long as I was going home to dry off after the ride. Now getting soaked, then spending 10 or 12 hours at work soaking wet...that's a bad day.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I love being at the track in the rain. Doing 130 down the front straight in the rain, on rain tires is simply amazing.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
I love riding in the rain, except for that pesky "being wet" part. The actual riding is fun though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
avoid it when i can, i have been in the rain before nothing crazy about it just have to take it easy etc, i dont have rain gear so getting soaked sux lol, plus the next day the bike is DIRTY :p
If you want to reduce how dirty your bike is the next day after riding in the rain is to rinse it down while it is still wet from the rain water. It will help get most of the grime off before it dries up.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
lol, thx it prob would get most of it off i suppose; but may look odd to your neighbours haha
True, but you would be amazed how much stuff builds up behind the shock and in all the crevices, if you rinse all that out it really makes clean up easier.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ride my bike every day rain or shine and I like riding through a good downpour after work. I don't like riding in the rain when im riding some really good back roads though since I can't rip through the corners.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know you cant lean into the corners as much but i break the rear loose every chance i get to make up for it. just fun

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I enjoyed riding in the rain too, fun to get that rear tire broke loose around shallow turns and countersteer a bit.

As long as I was going home to dry off after the ride. Now getting soaked, then spending 10 or 12 hours at work soaking wet...that's a bad day.
:+1:

However I lose all confidence in the wet and usually take it all grandpa like..

·
Registered
535 Posts
I actually enjoy riding the in the rain, it makes you a better rider! Putting the bike away when it rains only makes you worse off when you get caught in an unexpected storm and find yourself in panic mode.

Getting wet does suck but it's not horrible, now being cold and wet is different lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts