·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
No motorcycle comes with magnets at the bottom
check out www.ridesafer.com buy the green light trigger

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I need to look into this. Wondering if home depot/lowes has these magnets? They should just use a really strong magnet for oil plug problem solved?
A magnetic oil plug is not strong or wide enough to help trigger a traffic light

D

·
0 Posts
Pick up some neodymium from a science supply website and put them on your kickstand. If you need to trigger a light, put the kickstand down over the electromagnet strips.

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
The green light trigger is pretty cool never seen that before. I usually just run them if I'm stuck there for a bit hasn't been a problem in several years of riding.

D

·
0 Posts
The green light trigger is pretty cool never seen that before. I usually just run them if I'm stuck there for a bit hasn't been a problem in several years of riding.
In most states it's either 2 or 3 cycles of the other lights before you can consider the light you're at defective and can run it legally.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
In most states it's either 2 or 3 cycles of the other lights before you can consider the light you're at defective and can run it legally.
I think its like 10 minutes in my state... BTW, thats the only reason I hate riding at night. Sitting at a stop light, and I"m the only one there for 5,6,7,8,9,10 minutes... Sucks ass... I will usually run it after sitting there and watching the lights cycle at least once. Nothing more annoying than watching cars pull up and take off after two cycles....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do you guy's prefer to stop in them middle of the circle, or on top of one of the lines? I usually try to center my engine directly on top of a line

D

·
0 Posts
Do you guy's prefer to stop in them middle of the circle, or on top of one of the lines? I usually try to center my engine directly on top of a line
It's better to stop over the line that puts your stator directly over the strip.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got to resurrect this post but i learned that if shut your bike off and start it again when you are over the sensors the stator will trigger the light.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Got to resurrect this post but i learned that if shut your bike off and start it again when you are over the sensors the stator will trigger the light.
say what???

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just make your girl press the crosswalk button. Lol.

I usually center the bike over the center strip and it'll trigger. If not, and nobody is around, I'll roll over to the next lane.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just ordered a 5053 Gauss (34.46 lbs) magnet for this - We'll see how it works.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts