Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well for like the 5th day in a row the heat index has been around 110..... it's 6pm here right now and it's still 105 out... I went for a ride yesterday in town... i thought i was going to pass out...once I got back on the hwy... things got much better...but still... i wish it would cool down just a little....It probably wouldn't be as bad either if the humidity wasn't at like 65%+ all the time... I sure some of you have rode it worst..or do it all the time.... but I just thought i would share my weather frustration

does the heat every keep any of you from riding??... I think for the first time ever...i actually have to think about if I want to go for a ride or not...

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
heat hasn't stopped me. mid 90's and 80%+ humidity is worst i've been in. been tempted to carry a camelback if i had a longer commute.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The heat really hasnt stopped me either yet and im in black leather jacket and gloves w/helmet. Ride to work everyday and it has been about 90 or so for the last two weeks and going to be round 102 this sun, Ill probably stay in on sun and play Halo 2 though lol.

·
Registered
263 Posts
hot as balls here, index is at like 110 also, 90 humidity too lol. Hasn't stopped me from riding yet, but my ankles are well done heheh.

H

·
0 Posts
yeah the heat gets to me .. well more the humidity... i just got home from a ride.. it is 9:30 here and i am covered in sweat...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here in PHX, I will not see anything less than 90+ till late Sept. or Oct. It is still 100+ at midnight round here.

·
0 Posts
fu cken lucky sons of bitches... You don't know how easy you got it. The news the other day said it was so hot here that peoples cd's were melting in their cd player, shoes were melting, 7 people died last week from hyperthermia. Come here then you can complain. For anybody who hasn't read any of my 141354653465346546984968465432165416846846841354654414132132146 million posts about the weather here it was 122 degrees last week.

·
Registered
492 Posts
oh yeh and not to mention here in vegas the low temp is only in the high 90's

·
Registered
30 Posts
The long hauls down to Phoenix I'll take a Camelback, but other than that I don't care how hot it is, I LOVE THE HEAT!!!!!! I know that if I'm sweatin' like a dog shittn' razor blades, I'm along way from being cold. Winter time and being cold I think is my number ONE biggest hate in life. I hate it. Take care.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
It hit 98 here today and yesterday, think the index was like 110. Wouldn't be that bad if the humidity wasnt' like 100%. Rode anyway after the sun went down, still 95 or so.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dawgleyRR said:
I know that if I'm sweatin' like a dog shittn' razor blades, I'm along way from being cold. Winter time and being cold I think is my number ONE biggest hate in life. I hate it.
ya...i hear you on that...i hate being cold...I much rather sweat to death..it just kind of sucks being in a 120 degree building for 12 hours and wanting to ride...but you start to get dizzy from being so freaking hot all day long..oh well....what ya gonna do?.... yep.. you guessed it...ride!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
i don't stop riding, but it makes me ponder whether its worth being a squid and riding without my jacket around town.

N

·
0 Posts
Heat really gets to me. I'm really sensitive to the heat and it gives me a bad headache so I rarely ride during the summer.

That, and the fact that I'm bikeless...lol

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
heat doesn't bother me anymore. i may complain about it for a little while, but being in the heat here is nothing like being in the "sandbox"! f'n 130+ during the summer will fry you in a hurry!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
haha, I'm with coop on this one...

Come over here to Iraq and tell me how hot your american weather is :D

I may not ride my bike here, but even in the gun turret it feels like someone is pointing a spaceheater at you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts