Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a license plate mounted directly above the center of my rear tire. Just about after every ride, I get off the bike to find that my plate is either bent in the middle or flipped up to where it is invisibly flush with my seat.

I really enjoy my curves, but i enjoy the occasional wheelie on country highways also, just wondering which one is making my tire make contact with my plate.

·
Registered
588 Posts
sounds like your rear suspension is too soft if its pushing your plate that much. The whole top of my hugger is gone from the last owner, just move the plate or stiffen the rear a bit. I'd say bumps are compressing it more than wheelies or turning

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
curves, if your hauling ass. wheelies just puts the entire weight of the bike on, curvess have the weight of the rear of the bike, plus G force, that multiplies that weight, and if your powering out hard, you just shifted even more weight to the back.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mount it where it is supposed to be and you won't have that problem. Why would you want it that far forward:dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts