Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed Shogun framesliders on my 2011. There is a gap between the right side fairing and the slider (look closely) and was wondering if this was normal. Also, are they are sticking out too much? Thoughts?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I dont think you should be concerned with a gap between the slider and fairing. As long as the slider is torqued down to the frame and there are no gaps between the spacer and the puck or other gaps in the actual slider assembly, you should be fine.

Reactions: Need600

·
Registered
314 Posts
It looks like the sliders are not seated correctly. There is small notch at the end of the slider that is suppose to sit partially in the hole that the slider gets bolted. It doesn't look like yours are doing this, which may be the result of the fairing hole being drilled off center.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like the sliders are not seated correctly. There is small notch at the end of the slider that is suppose to sit partially in the hole that the slider gets bolted. It doesn't look like yours are doing this, which may be the result of the fairing hole being drilled off center.
The hole on the frame is recessed and the end of the puck does sit in it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What you are concerned about is mostly aesthetics. Otherwise it looks great!
Thanks. Yes, I agree it's mostly about aesthetics. However, the bolts that came with the sliders almost seem like they were warped. When screwing them in without the pucks, you could see the bolts rotate in a sweeping circle if that makes sense. They were also a b!tch to screw in. Debating if I should try new bolts.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Maybe they are flipped? Im almost positive that i have read on here that one puck is for the left side and one is for the right side as if they are differnt in legnth or something

·
Registered
40 Posts
gwhunter350 is correct, the two pucks are NOT the same size. I think the right size is quite a bit larger than the left if I'm not mistaken. As far as having a small gap around the sliders in my personal experience its almost impossible to get your plastics back on if the sliders are a super tight fit with the fairings.

-Brandon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.