Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 CBR600RR I purchased this exhaust new. The only way I can get it to fit as if it's smashing into the underbody which will it eventually melt into the tail light. I can get it to work with some spacers or bending the canister mounting bracket.

Does your bikes exhaust touch the underbody?

Where the 2014-18 section BTW?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
There are a couple other threads about Yoshimura exhausts that do the same thing. I think they found a solution.

My hypothesis: Exhaust makers asked Honda what was changing for 2013 and Honda said just some bodywork so the clearances should be the same, so the exhaust makers didn't change their parts but Honda was wrong (or the exhaust makers just didn't care to check clearances). If the part numbers are different though, then my guess would be wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a couple other threads about Yoshimura exhausts that do the same thing. I think they found a solution.

My hypothesis: Exhaust makers asked Honda what was changing for 2013 and Honda said just some bodywork so the clearances should be the same, so the exhaust makers didn't change their parts but Honda was wrong (or the exhaust makers just didn't care to check clearances). If the part numbers are different though, then my guess would be wrong.
I had searched, but the links were super old and the 3rd party site hosting wouldn't allow me to see the photos. I appreciate the input any way.

Is this place dead? Where's the 2013-+ section?

I had

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had searched, but the links were super old and the 3rd party site hosting wouldn't allow me to see the photos. I appreciate the input any way.

Is this place dead? Where's the 2013-+ section?

I had
Yes, its dead. Just like the CBR...

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
I had this issue. If you have a rear seat cowl it won't go back on with that exhaust installed. Get some brackets to push it down from TST or even get the mid pipe bent 1-2 degrees, that's all it needs. I have a Yoshimura on my Grom and it's amazing, but it didn't work out for my 2013 RR unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts