Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1105 Posts

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

Here's my new buddy!! The lady that gave him to us said hes a german shepherd but I think he's a cutie pie! :DDDD

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts

Here's my new buddy!! The lady that gave him to us said hes a german shepherd but I think he's a cutie pie! :DDDD
cutie pie for sure monks.... congratz!!!! now as i said before, you better name him something cool :popcorn:

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Lol okay Kal i will think of something. Check your snaps I sent you a couple bideos.

·
7,274 Posts
Lol okay Kal i will think of something. Check your snaps I sent you a couple bideos.
awesome little guy!!!! am sure you guys will be best buds in no time, if not already from what i saw in the bideo!!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Was watching this Mal for a little while. He's being trained for Patrol work. He's a little velociraptor. Loved my old Q2 front.

My partner was showing him the ropes.

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
My two pups and my newest child on the right. Lacey, the middle one, currently has a torn ACL and isn't very mobile. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1426355622.970208.jpg
And just her now. I know it's not a dog but she is still my child and so freaking cool. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1426355669.573354.jpg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks guys. I really appreciate that. I'm switching back to a raw diet for my other dog. Seems like things went downhill after i went to traditional kibble.
teetopps -- sorry about your loss. I dread the day when I have to put one of ours down. We feed our dogs raw. While many dogs do "fine" on kibble, I think in the long run raw is worth the extra money and effort. Their teeth are cleaner, their coat is better, it takes much longer for them to get the dog "funk" smell, they drink and thus pee less, and their uhhh they poo less and it decomposes much faster. On top of all that, it only makes sense that a dog will do better on a diet comprised primarily of real meat, than one based primarily on corn... Never saw any wild dogs attacking the corn fields in our area.

I'll gladly post up some pictures of our dogs as soon as I'm able to get to the pictures. We're very much a dog (and cat) family...

About 7 years ago when I decided to adopt a dog, a pit was not a consideration. That changed one night when I was visiting a friend-of-a-friend and was amazed that their three friendly and well-behaved dogs were pits. Did some research on the breed, and not only did I want to help their cause, but a medium sized dog with high energy, resilient enough to rough-house with, intelligent, and short hair seemed perfect.

Ended up taking in a 2mo puppy from a family that was being threatened with eviction for harboring a vicious pit bull. She has extremely bad allergies, both environmental and food. We started raw to try and figure out what she was allergic to. Right now we're working with one of the top allergists in the state and she's eating rabbit as her primary protein. She was on Atopica ($200/mo) in the past, now is on Apoquel (when we can get it) which is half the cost and works better without the side-effects of Atopica. The first time my SO saw Molly after her allergy meds, she asked me why my dog was suddenly energetic -- she's an entirely different dog when she's not miserable from allergies. The allergies can be frustrating, and it's an expensive and tough issue to deal with, but I'm glad she ended up in a home willing to work with it instead of one that wouldn't try.

A couple years ago, on my way out the door to go to work, I found a dog curled up in our fire pit and attached to Molly's tether. WTF? Asked the neighbor/friend/landlord who was also heading to work. He thought it was Molly so hooked it up to our porch, despite being an entirely different color and having male parts. Vet couldn't find a chip. That night another black and white pit showed up laying beside the house. We tried to pick it up, he couldn't stand. Tried to give him water and he threw it up. Despite the obviously immense pain, he never tried to bite us as we put him in the car to take him to the e-vet. They said it would be $500 to just figure out what was wrong. As much as we wanted to, we couldn't afford it so signed it over to the vet. I asked them to keep me updated on how he's doing.

Next day they said he was moving a little more and able to keep food down. They couldn't find a chip. Day after that they called again, they found an old microchip using a different scanner, couldn't get in touch with the owner, but he was now walking a little. They gave us the contact info when I explained we may have another one of his dogs. We got in touch with him, he said he got his dog from the vet, thanked us for taking him, and said he'd come pick up the other. When he showed up, he explained the dog was his daughter's who was deployed, he already had three dogs and lost his job months ago. We ended up with another dog... Had already named him Desmond days prior (Molly and Desmond, get it?). Turns out his original name was PK (short for pumpkin killer).

So. We have two pits. They live indoors with our two cats. Fantastic dogs and we'll likely adopt more in the future.

·
05/16 BOTM Winner / Pocketbike Racer
342 Posts
teetopps -- sorry about your loss. I dread the day when I have to put one of ours down. We feed our dogs raw. While many dogs do "fine" on kibble, I think in the long run raw is worth the extra money and effort. Their teeth are cleaner, their coat is better, it takes much longer for them to get the dog "funk" smell, they drink and thus pee less, and their uhhh they poo less and it decomposes much faster. On top of all that, it only makes sense that a dog will do better on a diet comprised primarily of real meat, than one based primarily on corn... Never saw any wild dogs attacking the corn fields in our area.
First, i commend you for taking in a very misunderstood breed. Many people still are very close minded when it comes to pit bulls.

I believe a raw diet is far and away the best thing you can do for your dogs. Most dogs attitudes and energy levels will change over night, and the tiny poops that breakdown into dust after a day or two is just a bonus. Allergies are pretty much gone and everything improves. I wish I never switched to dry dog food in the first place.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is Athena, I rescued her off the side of the highway one day at work when I came across her while driving through one of our native reserves. She was just skin and bone but now has made an amazing recovery and is super happy and healthy (Just doesnt like getting out of bed ;) lol)

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Here are a couple more of Sheldon.

Slow day at work...

Getting excited for Detroit Tigers Baseball...

Someone on FB challenged us to this. 18 treats on his head, and 6 in his mouth....

And when your little brother is bugging you, use your weight to your advantage and sit on the motherf*cker's head!!

·
7,274 Posts
my doggie helping to work on my bike (well, maybe she is kind of going "wtf, can we go outside and play, not the bike stuff again :tard:") :crackup:

and when we were getting close to being done, she was ready to go...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Some sad news, my black lab, Onyx had reached her limits and had to be put down yesterday. Needless to say, we are all upset with the loss, she was a sweet dog. We have had one of her female puppy's and adopted her 4 years ago when the family that had her took her to the shelter. :( We gave her lots of love and she wagged her tail until the end.

Attachments

1061 - 1080 of 1105 Posts