Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
you got renthals?.. too bad, i mean they might hold up, nothing like vortex though... Just kidding, parts look good, i got the same gearing and lovin it!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Sounds good. Went with RK/Vortex 15/45 this spring. Now going Renthal/EK 15/45. Not happy with Vortex.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
pdogg01 said:
you got renthals?.. too bad, i mean they might hold up, nothing like vortex though... Just kidding, parts look good, i got the same gearing and lovin it!

you are joking right??

Vortex sprockets suck.....badly. I've seen so many break teeth,and they wear out soooooooooo fast.

They must be made of recycled aluminum.

·
Registered
338 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
you are joking right??

Vortex sprockets suck.....badly. I've seen so many break teeth,and they wear out soooooooooo fast.

They must be made of recycled aluminum.
yes i was joking. although my vortex sprockets havn't broke any teeth, and they are wearing very well.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, although I already have vortex sliders and rearsets, I heard renthals are much better.

Is there a better chain out there, or is the did chain I chose the way to go?
I can't justify the speedo-healer for 80 bucks. Until I really need it Ill just use my noggin to figure out my speed.... and then i get pulled over haha /knock on wood

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get a good rivet tool. The MotionPro that I just received, also just broke. Snapped the alignment bolt in two. Cheaply made in China.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
Renthals rock dude as do EK chains but they do need TLC in order to last a very long time, did a major chain & sprocket clean-up & i'm very surprised at how my Renthal sprockets look like after 7000kms, the chain is also doing pretty good it's an EK525MVXZ with the inner link plates drilled with lightening holes, it's almost as light as a 520 chain but with the durability of a 525 which means longer chain & sprocket replacement intervals than a 520 conversion.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'd run the JT sprockets, there strong as hell... all steel not aluminum!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts