Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Looking for everyone's opinion on this.

A member on here has contacted me with a part I am looking for. The issue is he has been registered since 08', but he has no post or anything that would tell me he is who he says he is..

What do you guys think? Do biz? or not?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Id say no biz.

This website has a very strict policy that a user has to have 100 posts minimum, and be a member for a specific length of time before he or she can post in the classifieds. That rule is in place for a reason, so that members don't get burned by noobs. Buy if you want, but I suggest using Paypal so that if everything isn't a-ok, you are at least somewhat covered. Good luck.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i agree with rawrr.. report him cause this website has policies to protect us. im new on here but post and reply all the time. i would hate to see a honest fellow 600rr member here get burned. if he is legit let the website find out. but always use paypal!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought.... You just would expect at a min one post in 2 years....

& the guy is only responding in P.M. to a comment I made on someones post regarding parts.... The guy also said he's doing a complete part out of his bike, again without any post.

Thanks guys!!

(Still need some parts)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Everybody has to start somewhere, but only do business w/him if he is a verified paypal member. If he has a similar user name on ebay, that might help too.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
My eBay UN is far from similar with my UN here :dontknow: I'm weird with my screen names

D

·
0 Posts
Let me take a guess. Mr. Spamityspamspam redphu? He's been spamming up with classifieds section for the past hour posting in nearly every thread.

·
BOTM Winner 01/12
614 Posts
One thing that the my350z forums have implemented to protect members from scamming is whenever an item is for sale, the member selling it must post their username next to the item in question, you can ask this member to do the same. That would help ensure that the member has the item and they are who they say they are. Its not the end all to scamming, but it is just another step on the side of safety, which I personally think more forums should implement for further protection of its members.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts