Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 cbr600rr, and I'm doing my first track day at VIR North Track on the 13th. I'm doing it with NESPA, and it's a skill enhancement day. I'm really excited about it. I'm wondering if any one has any advice for me, and if there is anything I should do to prepare for it?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Awesome man. Nesba is great. Just ride within your limits and take your time to learn the track and the bike. Also just be smooth with braking, throttle etc.

IN the trackday section here, there's a trackday checklist thread. It was really helpful to me to see what are the things i needed to take to the track. Enjoy! You'll have a blast! :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Awesome, have a great time, the best advice I ever got was to stay within your limits, that and remember the only trophies at trackdays are coming home the same way you left. Welcome to the addiction, keep it shiny!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Make sure you bike meets the tech requirements before you get there. Drink more water than you think you need.

Number one thing is an EZ-up and some chairs. It's a long day in the sun without that EZ-up...

·
Registered
458 Posts
If track days were crack...your gonna be a crackhead!!!!
It's truly an addiction. Have a blast brother. Its an amazing time. :banger:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bought a two piece alpine star suit, with boots and gloves from a co-worker :)

What should I do to be sure my bike meets tech inspection requirements. I mean it's an 03, so it's definitely in not in new condition. This weekend I'm going to replace my brake pads, flush my coolant and replace it with water wetter. What else should I consider doing?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just bought a two piece alpine star suit, with boots and gloves from a co-worker :)

What should I do to be sure my bike meets tech inspection requirements. I mean it's an 03, so it's definitely in not in new condition. This weekend I'm going to replace my brake pads, flush my coolant and replace it with water wetter. What else should I consider doing?
whats the condition of ur tires? some clubs are stricter than others. If your tires are down to their wear indicators then my club would make us replaces them before they let us out on the track (even though its a good idea to replace them if they are in that condition anyway)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my tires have a little less than 1000 miles on them, and still have plenty of tred left, but the rear one is slightly flattened in the middle

·
Registered
458 Posts
my tires have a little less than 1000 miles on them, and still have plenty of tred left, but the rear one is slightly flattened in the middle
you should be more than fine then. Its more or less the sidewall tread that you should be most concerned about.....considering thats what you will be using....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts