Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to start the bike one day and no lights came on the cluster no headlight so the I took the battery to get charged and then when I went to go put it on still nothing so I bought a new battery and it started and run for a day I was out riding today and stop at a gas station and now there’s no power at all again to the cluster no headlight no power and it sounded like the battery was making a whining noise please any help would be really appreciative

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I went out to start the bike one day and no lights came on the cluster no headlight so the I took the battery to get charged and then when I went to go put it on still nothing so I bought a new battery and it started and run for a day I was out riding today and stop at a gas station and now there’s no power at all again to the cluster no headlight no power and it sounded like the battery was making a whining noise please any help would be really appreciative
Batt is probably unable to hold charge....can you push start it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but I was talking to a friends dad that’s been riding for years and thinks is the stator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
because it was a brand new battery I put on yesterday so I don’t have any other idea as to why the battery would be drained like that if I’m wrong I’m wrong any advice is appreciative as always thank you

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes, almost certainly the stator. Get the bike started. Either by charging your new battery (it should still be fine with just one full discharge cycle) or by jumping the bike with your car.

Put a meter on the bike battery (+ to red - to black) while bike is idling. You need to be getting 14+ volts but not much over 14.5 or your battery is not being charged properly. Since yours was dead after just a day I'd bet you're getting below 13.

If less than 14 stator is not charging enough.

If much over 14.5 regulator is fried and you're overcharging your battery (this is way less likely though).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts