Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in the never ending drama that is Craig's journey tward 600rr ownership we have suffered a few setbacks this week:

1. Friday: Trans Am buyer backs out after garenteeing me he would be coming over with the $3000 bucks that would have gone directly into the RR fund.
2. Saturday: VW Jetta breaks down (engine may be gone), still waiting on estimate (wont be cheep)
3. Monday: Run over a pieces or sharpnel John Kerry would be proud of and blow the brand new Pilot Sport on the rear of my bike. Together with the shreaded front from a summer of Brown County twisties, that means an almost 400 dollar tire bill.

I hate to say it, but it may be cold before i can reshoe the F2 with all this other crap, let alone pick up the RR. Guess, I'll be lookin' at 05's with some of ya'll.

well, anyway, /vent.

V

·
0 Posts
:cry: Sorry to hear about that.. Dont you just hate that... there is always stupid **** that always happens when things are going well that makes you waste more money. Keep your head up. Maybe Santa will bring you an RR if you are a good boy. ;-)

·
Registered
595 Posts
$400 tire bill??? are you talking about paying to be raped along with the price of the tires? You can get way better tires than pilot sports for less than $400, including the mounting/balancing charge.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Keep your head up man, things could always be worse. I know how it feels. Dont worry, youll eventually sell the trans am and everything will work out. Bikes just keep getting better and better, so dont sweat it. And whats nice about that is that it means the "old" bikes dont get any worse, they are still as awesome as they were the day the hit the showroom.

Anyways, good luck with everything- theres always a silver lining....

·
Registered
274 Posts
yea keep your head up, things like that are always happenin to me too. I'm still ridin around with my stock exhaust :???: because all kinds of stupid ish started happenin to my funds right as i was ready to buy. Just do like Neverest said & finance the bitch

V

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah.. just an FYI about the tires... I got my dunlop 208s for $77 shipped from a member on this board. They only had a few hundred miles on them. You should ask around, some racers might still have their stock tires sitting around and be in a good mood to help a fellow member out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
..i know how u feel about nails, i was riding about 10 - 15mph in a parking lot and saw some nails on the ground..i managed to dodge them in a way that would make George W Bush proud!! :lol2:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey, thanks guys. i was pretty demoralized yesterday. anywayz, i added wrong on the 400 bucks. :neutral: I like to order Pilot Sports by mail order so, 125 rear, 100 front, shipping, 40 bucks install...etc.... not so bad.

BryanB, Somewhere around 86th and Zionsville Rd.

I don't have very good credit (college mistake) so i need to go in with as much as I can. Once i get that stupid money pit Trans Am out of here we should be good. i just wanted to get it done this riding season.

Thanks for the pick me up. I love this site!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just remember, everything happens for a reason(I think anyways). Maybe all this trouble is keeping you from being at the wrong place and wrong time if you know what I mean.

When the time is right it'll happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts