Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very easy going and don't complain about much but dealing with these two companies has really irritated me beyond belief. Sorry this is a bit long. It's been frustrating for just a little minor piece.

First, I order my Leo pipe through Starcycle. I get it in about 10 days. Great! Think again, they didn't send me any of the spring fasteners. They apparently hijacked them for someone else and didn't replace them. So I call Starcycle up and they tell me to Leo Vince and if I have issues to call them back.

This is now a Tuesday. The guy I speak with at Leo seems irritated that Starcycle passed me over to them and that he had to help me. I asked if I could get them for Friday and says that won't be a problem. Friday comes, no springs, I give Leo a call just to check on the order see what may have happened. Hey, it could have just been held up.

Wrong again, there was no record of my call or that anything shipped to me. So the new guy I talk to says he'll get them out to me but it's late on Friday and it's now going to be a holiday weekend so I won't get them till next week. Fine, I'll deal with that.

I then call Starcycle just as a backup and they say now that they can't help me and to call Leo. Go figure!

I call Leo back on Tuesday just to make sure the order shipped. I ended up getting the same guy and he assured me that he sent them out. Snail mail of course and due to the holiday they may be a bit late.

It's now today, the springs show up. Rock on......who am I kidding.....I was shipped the wrong springs, one of them is too long. Calling Leo back, yet again I get the same gentleman. He says it's the end of their day and the shipper has gone home and he can't do anything for me until next week. I get no apologies or anything just a "it sucks to be you" attitude. He doesn't even offer to rush them to me, I have to ask if I can get them Next Day Air on Monday. His response, well I guess I could get them out Express if you need them that bad.

Uhhh yeah, I've only been looking at my exhaust for the last 2 1/2 weeks sitting on my shelf for a couple of springs. I even tried going to a couple of places that carry springs but nobody had anything that fit. I'm just glad I have other bikes to ride.

Honestly, if I didn't like the look of the exhaust and the sound clips I've heard it would be going back.

I just had to vent............

·
Registered
391 Posts
that sucks man, what leo did you get and post pics when you finally get your springs!!!

·
Proud PAPA
4,808 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude, zracer and i both had good dealings with leo.

·
Registered
995 Posts
wow... This reminds me why I buy big ticket items in person... Much easier to deal and return the stuff..

·
Registered
321 Posts
i got the leo from starcycle. i had a great experence.. shipped it FAST. it fight right up. no problems.. A+ from me

·
Registered
249 Posts
From what I undersatnd, Leo Vince was going through a big move to a bigger warehouse about that time. That may have been where the problem was. The Idea that starcycle just pushed you off onto leo for the part you were missing, tells me a lot about starcycles customer service. If their service to you ended when they shipped you the Leo, you might want to look into buying from a vender that will work with you.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
From what I undersatnd, Leo Vince was going through a big move to a bigger warehouse about that time. That may have been where the problem was. The Idea that starcycle just pushed you off onto leo for the part you were missing, tells me a lot about starcycles customer service. If their service to you ended when they shipped you the Leo, you might want to look into buying from a vender that will work with you.
Reagardless of a move or not, still not an excuse for employees to be rude and inconsiderate! They got the customer's money, right? Starcycles should have been the one to do all this, because they sold him a unit that is incomplete.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Run down to your nearest car garage, ask the mechanic if you can have a few brake springs, they usually will have a friggin bucket full of them and they'll have every size and length imaginable.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Reagardless of a move or not, still not an excuse for employees to be rude and inconsiderate! They got the customer's money, right? Starcycles should have been the one to do all this, because they sold him a unit that is incomplete.
Agreed, The move may have had something to do with the springs, but yes, no need for rudeness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts