Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im sitting at the light, waiting to pull out of work, when i can hear a sportbike coming from the distance. he's short shifting and already in 6th gear (40mph speed limit) and i can tell the bike is straight piped. so i already have an idea what is about to roll through the intersection. sure enough, basketball shorts, jordans, a wife beater and sunglasses (no helmet). and the real kicker...he was in full tuck :crackup:
this is the second time this week i've seen someone in full tuck and going under 50 mph. cracks me the fk up. anyway...dont be that guy, and have a good weekend! be safe!

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,962 Posts
The no helmet part probably explains the full tuck. He's just trying to get away from the wind I bet. Whatever man, squids are everywhere.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
966 Posts
You kinda are being that guy by making fun of him. How does short shifting equal not wearing gear on the street?

Reactions: jskateborders

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's a life style choice...some people are born that way, don't discriminate! I tend to stay in 1st gear everywhere I go unless I'm evading the police, none of that sissy short-shifting for me. They need to know I mean business when I'm getting those perfect shifts at the peak of the power band.

Full leathers and tinted visor so they can't identify me.

#thuglyfe

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I tend to enjoy "short shifting" on the street, it can make a boring street ride into a more exciting one, for me at least. Whether or not I'm obtaining maximum HP, doesn't matter when I'm trying to have fun without killing myself or others. The street is not the place to be winding out a sport bike anyways. I remember riding an rsv4 a couple years ago and literally never found a use to shift into second gear on the street, it wasn't a bike I'd like to operate outside of a road course. No helmet or riding gear is just stupid. Watching someone full tuck at 45mph on the street is pretty funny though, I also do see it frequently.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I tend to enjoy "short shifting" on the street, it can make a boring street ride into a more exciting one, for me at least. Whether or not I'm obtaining maximum HP, doesn't matter when I'm trying to have fun without killing myself or others. The street is not the place to be winding out a sport bike anyways. I remember riding an rsv4 a couple years ago and literally never found a use to shift into second gear on the street, it wasn't a bike I'd like to operate outside of a road course. No helmet or riding gear is just stupid. Watching someone full tuck at 45mph on the street is pretty funny though, I also do see it frequently.
Why the RSV4 in particular? All 600cc+ supersports bikes have redlines in first gear above 120km/h. So you'd never theoretically need to shift into second except perhaps on the freeway for a 600 (maybe).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts